A+ DII and D- DI Topic

I'm now at a D- DI school. (YAY!!!) If I go all in and so does a A+ DII, what are the odds I win? (assume a 200 AP advantage for the DII)
11/21/2016 10:28 AM
If everything else is equal I would estimate you have roughly a 10-20% prestige advantage which is still reasonably significant at the "all in" level.

The 10%-20% # is not based on any hard facts, just a knowledge of how prestige used to work and a general understanding of how the game works (ie, I could be way off).
11/21/2016 11:22 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 11/21/2016 11:22:00 AM (view original):
If everything else is equal I would estimate you have roughly a 10-20% prestige advantage which is still reasonably significant at the "all in" level.

The 10%-20% # is not based on any hard facts, just a knowledge of how prestige used to work and a general understanding of how the game works (ie, I could be way off).
Right .. and since there is no overlap .. so that D- Div-1 team has better prestige than the A+ Div-2 team.

i'm not sure of the percentage either. But 10-20% seems about right to me.
11/21/2016 11:29 AM
not a ton of experience in HD 3.0, but I had a potentially relevant moment in Naismith recruiting wherein my d2 team immediately went from moderate to very high to signing a player as soon as I offered the scholarship, when there had been a d3 school with high or very high interest and a scholarship offer already out.

Too anecdotal to be sure, but it seems to me like players value higher division play A LOT, at least compared to how they used to...
11/21/2016 1:08 PM
A+ DII and D- DI Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.