Help Us Promote Hoops Dynasty Topic

in November WIS said

"In other notes, we are actively working on a few updates to the game including sending emails at the start of each recruiting phase, earlier early entry decision making and announcements, providing coaches with additional information on chances of landing a recruit after a decision was made as well as job change/firing logic."

Now August.
8/15/2017 7:44 AM
Still working on the National Champions page
8/15/2017 8:05 AM
Posted by mamxet on 8/15/2017 7:44:00 AM (view original):
in November WIS said

"In other notes, we are actively working on a few updates to the game including sending emails at the start of each recruiting phase, earlier early entry decision making and announcements, providing coaches with additional information on chances of landing a recruit after a decision was made as well as job change/firing logic."

Now August.
sending emails at the start of each recruiting phase - DONE
earlier early entry decision making and announcements
providing coaches with additional information on chances of landing a recruit after a decision was made - DONE
as well as job change/firing logic
8/15/2017 8:08 AM
two of the four active work items done - indeed, those were done in a few weeks - and that was nice.

8/15/2017 8:12 AM
I don't care to defend WIfS after the WE debacle but the other two are probably very complicated changes. And, as noted in zorzii's thread, HD is not a cash cow that is deserving of massive resources.

EE - people have mostly shut up about it. As I expected, it's sorted itself out. Teams aren't getting 3-4 EE per season with any regularity because talent is more spread out due to probability recruiting.
Job change/firing - firing anyone right now is a terrible idea. The job change logic isn't brought up much until someone feels like they got jobbed. It can't be a priority since complaints come once every 2-3 months.

There's no reason to expect WifS to dedicate resources to low-priority items.
8/15/2017 8:19 AM
people have stopped complaining on the forums about EEs and the issue has become less significant - but it is still painful especially when hard to predict, low odds EEs happen. The change to announcement timing they hinted at would help a ton.

But, it is clear that WIS - perhaps wisely in terms of business realities - is devoting tiny support resources to the game. As you said, look at the failure to do anything to mitigate the WE glitch effects.

The game is what it is - for me, it is good enough to continue to use credits - not sure that it is good enough to use money.
8/15/2017 9:01 AM
I guess I'm less bothered by unpredictability than most. I just lost a 51/49 battle that probably set my program back a year. At this point, I've lost more favored battles than I've won underdog battles. I dumped more into this guy than any player ever, for me, at D3. 1157 AP, 8 HV, 1 CV, promised minutes. I'm guessing the other guy used similar resources. Somebody had to lose.
Ursinus gar67 DIII A- Very High Yes 49%
W. Connecticut St. MikeT23 DIII A+ Very High Yes 51%
Albany Sim AI DI D Very Low No 0%
Binghamton Sim AI DI D Very Low No 0%
Buffalo Sim AI DI D Very Low No 0%
Cal alebear DI C Very Low Yes 0%
Charleston Sim AI DI C- Very Low No 0%
Charleston Southern Sim AI DI D+ Very Low No 0%
Charlotte Sim AI DI C Very Low No 0%
Colgate Sim AI DI C- Very Low No 0%

To me, that's akin to losing a low odds EE. There's a chance that guy moves on. I didn't have the resources to properly replace my recruit, teams don't have the resources to properly replace their unexpected EE.
8/15/2017 9:11 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/15/2017 9:11:00 AM (view original):
I guess I'm less bothered by unpredictability than most. I just lost a 51/49 battle that probably set my program back a year. At this point, I've lost more favored battles than I've won underdog battles. I dumped more into this guy than any player ever, for me, at D3. 1157 AP, 8 HV, 1 CV, promised minutes. I'm guessing the other guy used similar resources. Somebody had to lose.

To me, that's akin to losing a low odds EE. There's a chance that guy moves on. I didn't have the resources to properly replace my recruit, teams don't have the resources to properly replace their unexpected EE.
I don't think anyone still playing has a problem with the 51/49 battles. It's the 75/25 ones that need to be fixed.

Not fixing the Nat'l champions page after all this time is what's ridiculous to me. It's like Van Halen's old concert rider calling for all brown M&Ms -- if you can't get the easy, little things right, how can we expect you to get the big things right?
8/15/2017 9:15 AM
losing 51-49 is not high on the rarity scale - should happen about half the time obviously

the fact that there was a 49% chance makes it different from the low odds EE problem - I just lost a "likely staying" guy and an "on the fence" but ranked rather low guy - I suspect the odds of those both happening were something like 0.10 x 0.30 = 0.03, which is darn low odds.

BUT, losing 51-49 is high on the frustration scale - and of course losing when you are 60 and 40 wins is frustrating. That frustration is not, for me, a positive aspect of the game.

8/15/2017 9:20 AM
I probably stated my point poorly.

Losing a highly resourced recruit leaves one with limited resources to recover. And a limited pool from which to choose.
Losing a low odds EE leaves one with limited resources/time to recover. And a limited pool from which to choose.

Both programs are damaged. I just don't see much difference.
8/15/2017 9:26 AM
yes, the 49% event and the 3% event both damage the affected programs, agreed.
8/15/2017 9:48 AM
Posted by johnsensing on 8/15/2017 9:15:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/15/2017 9:11:00 AM (view original):

I don't think anyone still playing has a problem with the 51/49 battles. It's the 75/25 ones that need to be fixed.

Not fixing the Nat'l champions page after all this time is what's ridiculous to me. It's like Van Halen's old concert rider calling for all brown M&Ms -- if you can't get the easy, little things right, how can we expect you to get the big things right?
Agreed. Most can live with the 50/50 coin flips. I think most people would be much happier overall if it was limited to 60/40 max difference.
8/15/2017 9:53 AM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8
Help Us Promote Hoops Dynasty Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.