Stabbing in the dark! Topic

You picked the best world to play in and one where you will get the most help! I'll post some helpful links tomorrow and send you a site mail to see if you need help. Bj is a great coach and great mentor to have.
11/25/2016 12:17 AM
Thanks for the last 3 messages - much appreciated.
I'll tale a good look tonight :)
11/25/2016 2:17 AM
Jhart, feel free to sitemail me questions from time to time, if you want to bounce something off me.

Happy to help.
11/25/2016 2:20 PM
Where can I find how long is left between each of the 3hr recruiting updates?
11/26/2016 5:06 PM
its every three hours, noon 3, 6, 9, 12 etc until the end of the recruiting cycle
11/26/2016 5:24 PM
Great thanks - American Eastern Time right? 5:30pm atm right?
11/26/2016 5:30 PM
Posted by jhartshorn on 11/26/2016 5:30:00 PM (view original):
Great thanks - American Eastern Time right? 5:30pm atm right?
Yes, correct.
11/26/2016 6:34 PM
So I've tried having a look at the Excel Roster tools which a few of you recommended - maybe I'm missing something, but I've just typed in the skills etc for one of my QB's, and all it's told me is the Overall Rating and Attirbute skilled rating (which I can see on the Roster thing online).
What else does it do? Sorry, I know I must seem really thick!! :?

Also, what is this GPA and Formation /GPA IQ?

Thanks in advance

jh
11/27/2016 4:35 PM
Click on any of your players . You will see a heading there Formations. The GPA stands for grade point average)higher the gpa the faster the IQ grows). The GPA IQ stands for how well they have learned their formations. Players with equal attributes (for ex your offense vs opponents defense) will perform better if their formation iq(how well they have learned to play in the formations you are using) is higher than the opposition.
Which brings up the topic of : Choose one or 2 offense and one or 2 defense formations . Open up your practice plan and fill it out so that your team practices the formations you will use. It is usually easier to just use one or 2 of the formations prev coach practiced since these are already built up.
On defense, it helps to have a general defense like 4-3 or 3-4. These are effective with the right players vs pass and run. And a pass defense like nickel or dime(I would recommend highly nickel over dime). which is mainly pass def. Some players including myself practice and use only one off and def formation. But I would recommend going with what prev coach had so you can build on the already higher formation iq.
For now I would suggest putting 10 to 15 points into each formation you practice. If you are at D3 don't put more than 10. The main thing in d3 is growing their attributes. Putting too much in formation iq there wil be less to go into growing their attributes.
I also offer any experience I have if you need help. Just sitemail me. (sitemail is like in email. find it on the Wis home page. Just click on it ; it is self explanatory).
11/27/2016 7:55 PM
Ah great thanks mojo ! Much appreciated

however I now have some more questions:

1 - still not sure the use of that s/sht
2 - how often is practise? I haven't used it - do I need to click practise each day or will it run automatically on what I'd set it to each day/week?
3 - do my four senior players leave and new recruits arrive on weds simultaneously?
11/28/2016 2:35 AM
You need to read: https://www.whatifsports.com/gd/Help/Faq.aspx.
Also their are even more helpful files at the beginning of this GD Forum done by other human players to help new players like yourself . Start reading them.
They can take a lot of the mystery out of the game.
1 I Don't know what you mean by s/sht ?
2Practice happens every game you play in including exhibition games . Which is why you want to schedule every possible game(not necessarily against Any opponent; but schedule A game at every opportunity. Practice happens under the hood. Their attributes will grow as they play games. You won't see a change every game but they will grow.
3 Your seniors will disappear after their senior year(moving on to bigger and better things I guess). You have 50 players on full roster. If you lose 8 seniors you will get 8 scholarships to replace them.
11/28/2016 2:59 AM
Oh I see
I had 7 scholarships so must have lost 7 before at end of last season?
yes I'm trawling through the help journals
s/sht = spreadsheet
Training - think I need to spend more time here working it out
thanks!
11/28/2016 1:36 PM
So when my 7 new recruits arrive will they show as freshmen (?)?
why do I already have one in the roster as freshman? was he red shirt lat season maybe - I'm starting to get this now !
11/28/2016 1:39 PM
Yes, any current FR would be RS from last season.
11/28/2016 1:58 PM
Could someone try to clear up the training thing for me - I've read the Guides etc but still having a blond moment!!

180minutes = per player/team?
It said in the guide to try for about 7-10mins per player. But 50 x 7-10 = 350-500minutes!! Can't be right obv, so???
At the moment I have a few key formations on 6-8 mins and about 130mins on position practice - any thoughts?

Is there any way of tracking progress which is made through training etc so I can decipher whether one is being successful or not to bother with one?
11/28/2016 5:08 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Stabbing in the dark! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.