John Thompson, Sr... Name of Future HD World...? Topic

You mean outright closing worlds or merging?

Either way, here's why I think it's a bad idea. Let's say you merge Iba and Allen. How does that work? Do the Allen coaches go to Iba or vice versa? How do you determine who gets which team. Not even for Duke but what about if there are two coaches who Palm Beach Atlantic in each world. Which coach gets it? You end up alienating half of the total coaches moved. So at that point, why would you stay? Let's say someone has been in Iba for 50+ seasons and has finally worked themselves up to High D1. Now they just say, oh okay great job, we're not merging you with another world and you lose that team/ It would **** you off big time. Now, that coach says, eff it, and not only drops that particular team, he drops his other 3 teams because he doesn't know if the same thing will happen to him again so why bother.

As long as the worlds are making money, I don't see why you wouldn't keep them open. If there are like 30 humans at each level in a world, then yeah, might be time to close them. I'm not sure it's that bad yet.
11/24/2016 12:18 PM
Closing worlds has been discussed in HBD for years. It won't improve the game overall and, as you say, will only **** people off. I don't see how it would benefit WifS either. The cost to sim the games has to be minimal. Unless credits are exceeding income, it wouldn't make sense.
11/25/2016 7:50 AM
Merge them. If there are two coaches at the same team, offer them the chance to move on voluntarily. If neither do, then go off the history. Whose won more, had greater success. Whoever changes teams can get x number of free season credits to rebuild wherever they land, and could keep their reputation, loyalty and homecourt grade as a courtesy.

WIS can announce it and give teams a heads up a season or two in advance.
11/25/2016 8:49 AM
Posted by sd2416 on 11/25/2016 8:49:00 AM (view original):
Merge them. If there are two coaches at the same team, offer them the chance to move on voluntarily. If neither do, then go off the history. Whose won more, had greater success. Whoever changes teams can get x number of free season credits to rebuild wherever they land, and could keep their reputation, loyalty and homecourt grade as a courtesy.

WIS can announce it and give teams a heads up a season or two in advance.
So Ive been at a location for 30 seasons and have won 1 national championship while you have been there 40 seasons and won 2 national championships. So the latter coach gets the team? No way people would be happy about this. Zero chance. At that point, I could give 2 ***** about free seasons. I want the team I built.

coaches have invested hundreds of dollars into their dynasty and if WIS just took it away, itd leave a bad taste in my mouth. even if it wasnt my team that got taken I still would feel bad for those other coaches. It would definitely hurt customer loyalty.

Forgot to mention how it would also impact conferences. A lot of coaches play in conferences with coaches they know or have met over the months/years. You'd also be breaking up that too. So even if I get to keep my team but 2 of my conference mates lost their teams, I'd still be ******.

It's just a bad, bad, bad idea. If anyone in WIS ever reads this - DON'T DO IT
11/25/2016 9:48 AM (edited)
Taking a team away from someone is a terrible idea. It just is.
11/25/2016 10:26 AM
When were worlds created?
According to the dates, it looks like:

based on 7 weeks a season
within a month, around Spring 2004:
- Naismith
- Wooden.
- Rupp.
- Smith.

then 2 months later, Summer 2004
- Iba.
- Allen.

then 6 months later Winter 2005:
- Crum.

Not sure of the 2x worlds.

Was there originally a master plan and future design for HD Worlds?
Within the first year, 7 worlds were created, then none since.
Was there a huge dropoff after Crum was created?
11/25/2016 10:28 AM
in the glory days, there was a frenzy to get slots as new worlds opened
11/25/2016 12:21 PM
◂ Prev 123
John Thompson, Sr... Name of Future HD World...? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.