Signing more recruits than openings Topic

It appears that you can now sign more recruits than you have actual openings.
It must be on the assumption that you will cut someone before recruiting is over.

This seems like a really bad idea to allow.
11/24/2016 5:31 PM
Posted by TRrrr on 11/24/2016 5:31:00 PM (view original):
It must be on the assumption that you will cut someone before recruiting is over.

??? Are you sure? Where did you see this?
11/24/2016 5:57 PM
Posted by Benis on 11/24/2016 5:57:00 PM (view original):

??? Are you sure? Where did you see this?
Yeah its allowed, its been talked about in the forums. Unless its just a agenda to get people to go off the game.
11/24/2016 6:04 PM
Most likely he has seen someone sign more recruits than seniors on the team that has at least one walk-on which can be replaced by a scholarship player. Not that I forgot this and did thought same thing recently causing myself lots of confusion or anything :).
11/24/2016 6:38 PM

No, you cannot. Once you fill your slots, you still have 20 AP's. That is your base amount. It doesn't disappear once you fill your slots because you still might rescind a schollie and create an opening. But you cannot sign someone for whom there is no opening.
11/24/2016 6:38 PM
You can over offer if you want. You can't really over sign. if you do not cut someone they don't really sign.

11/24/2016 6:54 PM
Wrong.
Illinois has 5 Seniors and has signed 6 recruits (of course the last one I was hoping to get cuz I saw he hadn't cut anyone).
Didn't realize this was possible.
I assume he will cut someone before recruiting is over ... but it hasn't happened yet.
11/25/2016 1:27 AM
any EEs?
11/25/2016 4:04 AM
This is interesting. Illinois did sign 6 guys before round 2, and he only had 5 openings.
11/25/2016 4:34 AM
Posted by fd343ny on 11/25/2016 4:04:00 AM (view original):
any EEs?
And that is the likely the key here. EEs do not leave the team until later. We may convince them to either leave the news available or make the EE list available somewhere, but right now they are invisible if you did not copy the news and keep it for reference.

I am also not 100% sure, without looking, that cut players actually show up as gone either (though they may). I know there is no longer any local news ticker that happens when you drop someone.

I am pretty sure you can not actually SIGN someone with no opening though.

11/25/2016 6:25 AM (edited)
Cut players are gone right away. I just did it recently.

Prob an EE situation here. No way can you oversign. If it did happen then its a major bug.
11/25/2016 9:00 AM
Didn't think about an EE, not sure how they work on replacement timing.

Soph SF manis is #16 on the draft board with comment likely going.
11/25/2016 11:57 AM
The 2nd recruiting period is over and Illinois still has 12 players on the roster (5 Seniors) and has signed 6 recruits.

I've never had an EE ... but if they are leaving them on the rosters after they are announced ... and even AFTER the 2nd recruiting session has concluded ... that is galactically stupid.
11/26/2016 4:10 AM (edited)
EEs now DO stay on the roster through the galactic stupidty zone
11/26/2016 7:55 AM
I didn't say I liked it.. Just pointing out that EEs do not come off the team (as far as an outside observer is xoncerned) until after the draft. So it will look like you are signing more players than openings.

They don't want you deciding battles based on how many battles the other team is in.. They don't want you to be able to accurately count how many openings the other guy has considering him, etc. You can really only see the recruits you have identified. I could have 10 guys considering me that you can't see and only 3 considering me that you can see. No more counting the battles because you can't see them all, only your scouted recruits.

This also holds true for EE openings right now.. Only the team that has them knows who they are. I am fine for them to change that to everyone knowing, but right now that can not be seen.
11/27/2016 3:03 AM
12 Next ▸
Signing more recruits than openings Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.