How tough is it compared to 2.0? I think we have many more hurdles now.
11/25/2016 7:50 AM
In Big 6 conferences, probably at least as hard. The doormats benefitted more from conference cash than the elite teams did. The bottom 3-4 teams in a big 6 conference are still going to have to fight hard and get lucky to move up the ladder.

But mid-majors and low D1 will be more playable, without having to fill the conference, and having everyone game the SOS.
11/25/2016 10:29 AM
Shoe My big concern is that, you can't get a class of 6 or 5... Like before. So it takes patience...
11/25/2016 11:12 AM
Or better planning. Several owners have told me to "space" my classes.
11/25/2016 11:27 AM
i think it's much easier. IMO you can land impact players in a rebuild now, with B-C prestige, whereas in HD2, you couldn't land impact players barring spectacular geographical luck or a many-season slog to get your prestige up. if you can land a class of solid but unspectacular players who will yield 2-3 good starters as jr/srs in year 1, you can shoot for the moon in years 2 and 3 to land your difference-maker.
11/25/2016 12:26 PM
Posted by zorzii on 11/25/2016 11:12:00 AM (view original):
Shoe My big concern is that, you can't get a class of 6 or 5... Like before. So it takes patience...
I'm in my second year at Navy. I signed five freshmen, two in the first session, three in the second.
11/25/2016 4:44 PM
Posted by pallas on 11/25/2016 4:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 11/25/2016 11:12:00 AM (view original):
I'm in my second year at Navy. I signed five freshmen, two in the first session, three in the second.
Right, getting a bunch of players isn't a problem. There are no shortage of role players and projects that you can pick up for little or no human fight. Has it ever worked to move up to a C- or lower D1 and try to sign 5 or 6 elite players? Generally, the strategy was to get a team with a lot of scholarships so you could try to pick off 1 or maybe 2 starred players with all those resources, then fill the class with guys you didn't have to fight for - or the same caliber players now who will fill low prestige D1 teams. Same as before, except now lower teams *have a chance* to successfully battle for more than 1 or 2 players. It's still going to be tough going if you're in a tough conference, or close proximity to higher prestige schools.
11/25/2016 5:40 PM
Well, right now you can usually get at least a H vs VH shot on anybody. That is around a 30% shot at getting a very good player for a rebuild.
11/27/2016 2:38 AM
I think rebuilds at D1 are easier now outside the power conferences due to the elimination of conference bonus money and less transparency in who is recruiting who, so you have a good shot at landing a top 100 player with a C+/B- prestige and with less scouting nationally and more ability to find the high-high potentials, smart coaches can develop some good D1 talent with zero star players that are like #75 or #100 at their position.

I think inside the power conferences it is about the same. Different challenges, but they net out at about equal for me.
11/27/2016 11:26 AM
I find it easier now. My San Diego State team took 3 seasons before getting a one star. My Southern Miss team got a 5 and 3 star in the second season.

Both started at a D prestige level
11/27/2016 11:49 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.