(MLB 117323
TALK is cheap!!! Action-speaks!!
What if Sports is a open to all ages. From the beginning of time , Adam & Eve, there was always an elder.
History has benchmarked benefits at a certain age. You can drive at 16, vote at 21, join AARP at 50, receive social security at 62 , obtain medicare at 65, be President at 76 (Donald Trump). There are or where those who never age:
Dick Clark, Sylvester Stallone, Heather Locklear to name a few.
Sports is no exception: How old is Peyton Manning? Remember-George Blanda?

Here's an example (Of a player that can be drafted):
Hank Aaron- first game in MLB= 20 years old; age at last game=42. You may draft him using ANY year in his career,

The oldest person I found was -S. Paige who played until he was 59. There has always been a "rift" between the younger generation and the seniors. Obviously, we know more. Ideally, if we had twelve seniors & twelve "know it-alls", we could align each division with two of each group.

Now is your chance to even the score. Join this theme and PROVE YOURSELF. The theme league is called 40+1 for a reason. You must draft a team with 100M cap of players who were 41 years old or older when they played their last game. Babe played until he was 40.11 and would not be eligible. No WW , trades, clones, desiginated hitters, live games. All AAA players must follow same rules along with all bench players. Manual 4/2 draft of above average players.
Ballpark must have been around 40 years: Forbes,Yankees I etc.

This is a PUT UP OR SHUT UP theme. I would like to get a tentative commitment:
1. Sohio4ever-Senior
2. Ozmatli- Young
11/27/2016 6:28 PM (edited)
you'd be surprised. we are looking for a player who was over 41 when he played his last game. Babe was just over 40. Ty Cobb was 41.
The baseball reference book has a very detailed list. The worst position to draft is catcher as that position has demanding physical needs but even catchers were over 41 when they played their last game
11/25/2016 6:14 PM
,I did type it wrong- not those who played 41 years but were 41 when last game played. Thanks, Greyfoxx for pointing this out. BIG DIFFERENCE.
11/25/2016 6:33 PM (edited)
Posted by grayfoxx on 11/25/2016 11:37:00 PM (view original):
Are we supposed to use their *over 41* seasons, or do we get to use any season of their career ?
This
11/25/2016 11:52 PM
any season, any where
11/26/2016 6:01 AM
The lower Cap makes it more difficult to draft. Add to that: Players who retire late in their careers have larger salaries.
Also, certain positions like catcher/shortstop requires physical effort. I'll admit the younger players have an advantage.
To offset this, I allowed an above average AAA draft. (4/2). The value of these are between $3,5Million-4.5million.

One possibility is to use those four position players for hard to fill positions. With two pitchers, the possibilities are endless.
Owners who make it to the T.O.C., will have advantage because of the higher CAP (+20) but also have AAA players
worth approximately 24M more. If I'm incorrect, please comment.
11/27/2016 10:51 AM
In my efforts to heighten postings in this league without just using the word "bump", I need a topic that we all agree to.
Everyone watched the Indians/Cubs in the world series and saw PETE ROSE trying to be " a commentator". I may get things incorrect
when typing these notes, but everyone has to agree (taking bets-agree/disagree) that Pete was a poor choice.
The same decision makers own WhatifSports (Foxsports).

11/28/2016 9:19 AM
It seems that owners either like having AAA players or hate adding them. Where do you stand on this?

11/30/2016 6:15 AM
There's much talent out there, both seniors (50+) and young(50-) plus good MLB players to chose. If any player played until he was 41, you can use ANY season of that player. Examples of available players-Ty Cobb, Greg Maddox etc.

There are so many GOOD players that the Cap will be reached quickly; that's another reason for the AAA.
12/2/2016 9:34 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.