Returning player here. I have noticed quite a few Fastbreak teams with less than exceptional speed across the board employing a -2 3pt strategy and they are killing teams in terms of fouls/ free throws. Don't see any other offenses with that strategy and having large success.
11/25/2016 10:01 PM
You can do it with other offenses but it's best with fast break.

High ATH/LP/BH/FT are important in this type of team but in FB you need even less LP and BH for it to be effective.
11/26/2016 4:40 AM
This Augustana team plays Triangle/Press and has super high ATH/DEF with a bunch of success

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=14401

But yeah, more common in FB since you'll pick up the most fouls and then it just becomes an endurance test since it just starts to snowball once guys on the other team start fouling out.
11/26/2016 9:04 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 11/26/2016 4:40:00 AM (view original):
You can do it with other offenses but it's best with fast break.

High ATH/LP/BH/FT are important in this type of team but in FB you need even less LP and BH for it to be effective.
I never would've guessed why LP was important in a fastbreak until I read this yesterday. I don't recall ever noticing this when I read the FAQ's. I think when they reworded 3.0, they changed the description.
Affects offensive ability closer to the basket, including post up plays as well as dribble drives and other close shots.
11/26/2016 9:50 AM
LP is important for scoring for guards in all offenses not just Fastbreak.

If I had to rank them (which I don't but I am going to do anyway) I would put them in order of usefulness as:

1. Fastbreak- The scoring equation for FB uses ATH/SPD more so you can get away with lower LP and BH. You can get away with LP's in the 20's at D3 if the ATH is 70+. Ball handling as low as the 40's is also acceptable.
2. Triangle- I love having one guard being a SPD/PER scorer and the other being a ATH/LP scorer. Triangle uses SPD and ATH a little less than the other offenses so a higher LP (35+ at D3) is better.
This guy should be a stud pretty soon:
https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=13687&pid=3444993
60 ATH, 70 LP, 90 BH B+/A- FT
3. Motion- Can utilize the marginal scorers with lower stats like FB but requires a higher PASS rating than the FB.
4. Flex- Probably the worst offense for the ATH/LP because it weighs SPD/PER more but if you have high #'s like in the triangle can still be an effective scorer.
11/26/2016 10:09 AM
TrentonJoe, I was just surprised that LP affected dribble drives. To me, that would appear more of a ballhandling and athleticism skill rather than a low post skill, at least in real basketball.
11/26/2016 12:02 PM
Posted by thewizard17 on 11/26/2016 12:02:00 PM (view original):
TrentonJoe, I was just surprised that LP affected dribble drives. To me, that would appear more of a ballhandling and athleticism skill rather than a low post skill, at least in real basketball.
I agree but believe the LP rating also includes savviness and finishing ability around the basket. I would give a guy like Curry 45 LP and a guy like CP3 10-15 LP. It is not the best worded rating for sure.
11/26/2016 3:53 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.