Just joined after a LONG hiatus, mainly because the $4.99 special. I'm a little surprised that the game is regularly $10/season. That's $120/year. I have 3 games on the schedule against user controlled teams :(. Why not lower the price to attract more users?
11/25/2016 11:53 PM
Something I have wondered for quite some time. Gotta get what you can while you can I guess.
11/26/2016 1:15 AM
Yeah, but there are 600+ teams per world and they are 20% full. If you had an apartment complex 20% full, wouldn't you lower the rent?

1. It's better for the player because it's cheaper.
2. It's better for the player because we don't play sims day after day.
3. It's better for the creator because he maximizes profit.
4. It's better for the creator because as the worlds get full, the game becomes more fun, the value goes up, and he can raise the price again.

Its hard to support a game that doesn't support itself. By ignoring supply and demand, you are punishing your fans and you are punishing yourself. This is a game I could get into, but to me it's the principle of the matter. I can't pay $10 per month when the game should be $3 per month.
11/26/2016 11:12 AM (edited)
People have been trying to justify this for at least ten years that I know of. WIS will never change the price.
11/26/2016 1:52 PM
If 20% ownership doesn't trigger a light bulb in their head, then I believe you are right. It's a shame to have such a great product ruined by poor business acumen.
11/26/2016 2:22 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.