60-71 LP and PE Topic

I have 4 sim-recruited guys on Weber State that have a 60-71 PE along with a 60-70 LP. What should I do with them for distro and 3-point frequency? Also, are these players common in low DI or is this just a fluke couple guys?
11/28/2016 4:51 PM
The guards, I would set at -2. Voris maybe at -1 if he has a speed advantage and/or matched up with a weak guard. But at D1, mid-60s isn't usually good enough to shoot the 3, unless he has big speed or BH-over-defense advantages. Your forwards could go -1 against man and 2-3 zone on occasion and do ok, provided you don't mind them drawing fewer fouls, and getting fewer offensive rebounds. Looking at your roster, Scott is the only one I'd rely on consistently for 3s, he could be effective if you bring him off the bench. He's probably the only one that could put up better than 35% from outside with significant opportunities. As for distribution, that's up to matchups with a team like yours. You have no dominant scorers, no obvious number 1 guys, so I'd use that as a weapon, and adjust distribution on a game-by-game basis, depending on who they're lining up against.
11/28/2016 6:16 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 11/28/2016 6:17:00 PM (view original):
The guards, I would set at -2. Voris maybe at -1 if he has a speed advantage and/or matched up with a weak guard. But at D1, mid-60s isn't usually good enough to shoot the 3, unless he has big speed or BH-over-defense advantages. Your forwards could go -1 against man and 2-3 zone on occasion and do ok, provided you don't mind them drawing fewer fouls, and getting fewer offensive rebounds. Looking at your roster, Scott is the only one I'd rely on consistently for 3s, he could be effective if you bring him off the bench. He's probably the only one that could put up better than 35% from outside with significant opportunities. As for distribution, that's up to matchups with a team like yours. You have no dominant scorers, no obvious number 1 guys, so I'd use that as a weapon, and adjust distribution on a game-by-game basis, depending on who they're lining up against.
Thanks. What about Garcia? He had a blue before this offseason and should be up to 80 in no time.
11/29/2016 2:19 PM
Personally, I'd start Scott at SG at -1 3pt frequency. If he shoots well in his first few games, I'd think about moving him to 0, but -1 is probably best given that he has decent LP. I'd start Garcia at PG, also at -1. I'd have their distro pretty similar, but Scott a touch higher.

I'd put Voris as my backup SG and Harrison at backup PG, both at -1, or -2 if they shoot like crap.

For the big guys, I'd give Munson the highest distro. You could play around with him at -1 and then scale back to -2 if his 3pt shooting is atrocious.

11/29/2016 4:35 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 11/29/2016 2:19:00 PM (view original):
Thanks. What about Garcia? He had a blue before this offseason and should be up to 80 in no time.
I hadn't looked at trajectory, just currents. So yeah, Garcia looks like he'll be a good perimeter player at some point this season, but I wouldn't move him above -1 until that perimeter breaks 80. By the end of the year, he may be your best scorer.
11/29/2016 4:43 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 11/29/2016 4:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cubcub113 on 11/29/2016 2:19:00 PM (view original):
I hadn't looked at trajectory, just currents. So yeah, Garcia looks like he'll be a good perimeter player at some point this season, but I wouldn't move him above -1 until that perimeter breaks 80. By the end of the year, he may be your best scorer.
Okay thanks.
11/30/2016 12:01 PM
60-71 LP and PE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.