Recruiting from a n00b viewpoint Topic

You are looking at a fully developed guard with stats like:

ATH:55
SPD:60
DEF:40
LP:20
BH:70
PASS:60

It's not bad, in D3, 10 guys like that get you into the NT. I don't think you go very far but he's a solid stepping stone type of guy.

He's not really a main scorer but with ATH/LP/BH/SPD combo he is someone you can use to take advantage of low ath/def/blk defenders.
I would expect you can get 8-10 points a game out of him with pretty solid efficiency.

TL;DR You aren't winning championships with this guy but I think he can help you get to the NT.
12/2/2016 10:30 AM
I'd redshirt the 411, unless you have absolutely no better options, or don't plan to stay at D3 long enough to see him reach potential. He'll be a legitimate D3 SG, but has a lot of growth. His speed may be the most important variable. It could end up at 53, or it could get to 65. If it's closer to the latter, and if his perimeter ends up being high very high, he could be an all-conference type in a few years.
12/2/2016 10:38 AM
Absolutely on the RS.

If you have a 60 ATH/55 SPD/50 LP/70 BH guard he will score a ton of points even without his perimeter being super high.

Both of your guards are really SGs, next go round I would try to find a 70+ SPD/PASS/BH point guard and a high speed/per player to hit the 3. The guys you signed this session could work at SF for you (although they will better ATH/LP scorers at the 2).
12/2/2016 11:11 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/2/2016 6:48:00 AM (view original):
My lone D2 target signed with a D2 team that came in late. But that was fair. It wasn't one cycle. He showed up 6-8 cycles ago. No complaints. This is what I got. I intend to cut a player in RS2 and fill one more spot. We were a turnover machine so I really needed to upgrade BH/P. The PF is a 2y Juco. I know they're not special but I learned some things.

Honestly, I have a high level DIII team still, and I would rather take a walk on than recruit any of these 3. You're better off carrying the higher budget for scouting and recruiting into the next season where you can throw your weight around a little more.
12/2/2016 11:06 PM
That's fair. I have a low level D3 and knew so little about recruiting that I'd call my first run at it successful. My terrible team will upgrade to really bad with those additions.
12/3/2016 5:41 AM
Helpful info here. I have a semi-related recruiting question. I have only one senior, but I plan on cutting an inherited junior (if he doesn't quit). I have two guys listed at very high and I'd like both, but won't be able to sign the second until 2nd recruiting period. My question is will I lose the interest and recruiting credit once the first guy signs since I will appear to have no more openings?
12/5/2016 10:38 AM
In my limited experience, no. I continued recruiting after getting these three, filling my scholarships, because I intend to cut 1-2 guys. Neither 2nd RS guy lost interest after I signed the first 3.
12/5/2016 10:40 AM
carlport, have you offered both of the recruits scholarships?
What are their signing preferences?
If one is Early and one is Late you should be fine. Everything should carry over until you're able to rescind a current player.
If they're both Early you "could" have a problem if the recruits are also considering other teams.
12/5/2016 10:44 AM
One is early and one is late, so I was hoping this would work to my advantage. Both have been offered schollies. Sounds like it might work out - thanks.

Mike - how are you able to "continue recruiting" after filling schollies? My understanding is that after scholarships are filled you lose your attention points.
12/5/2016 11:05 AM
You always have at least your base amounts, eg. 20 AP's.
12/5/2016 11:20 AM
I got another guy if anyone is still interested in telling me how bad my new players are.

12/17/2016 1:36 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/17/2016 1:36:00 PM (view original):
I got another guy if anyone is still interested in telling me how bad my new players are.

Are they black and no red if so I would say that's a preety good player. I like recruting potential than core but that's just me.
12/17/2016 1:41 PM
Rebounding and stamina are yellow. No red. But he is dumb. Ineligible. I promised him start and 25 minutes. It's my understanding that he might just not show up but, if he does, he can play.
12/17/2016 1:46 PM
If you are d3 I believe they always show and don't have to sit a year so he will hold you to the 25 minutes and a start. D2 and d1 he may show or may not and would sit a year with no practice.
12/17/2016 2:14 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Recruiting from a n00b viewpoint Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.