Recruiting from a n00b viewpoint Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 12/17/2016 1:36:00 PM (view original):
I got another guy if anyone is still interested in telling me how bad my new players are.

This guy is very good IMO. He's a little slow (60 SPD) to be an AA PG but I wouldn't have a problem playing him there. I think he will be a scoring machine at the 2 and also very good at the 3. He should start for you for 4 years and probably will lead your team in scoring for 3.
12/17/2016 2:24 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
That SG could be the top recruit in our conference, Mike. Nice find.
12/17/2016 10:32 PM
He is not a D1 player for sure. Could be allright at D3 with more speed, would not touch him at D2.
12/18/2016 8:26 AM
FWIW (I'm just as new as you), The D1 I was chasing had a couple sims show up early in cycle 2. I was able to hold them off. It was a human D1 that ultimately landed him. You may be able to keep him. Have they offered, or just showed up?
12/18/2016 9:03 AM
Scout more, keep him by getting efforts on him, prepare for last day of free scholly.
12/18/2016 9:28 AM
I'm in a situation where I started going after a low D1 guy in S2 and am moderate on him, but now a higher prestige DIII team is 'very low' on him this cycle. I'll be offering him the start and minutes when it's unlocked and they won't be able to so I assume I'll get him? That's worth more than prestige, right?
12/18/2016 9:32 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/18/2016 7:47:00 AM (view original):
Or maybe I don't know what constitutes a D1 player. It's this guy. I think he's a really good D3, maybe an average D2 and a horrible D1. Thoughts? I might learn something.

This guy is okay at D3....He's got + PG skills (SPD/BH/PASS) which is valuable but he is a below average defender and his scoring isn't great. I think he fits motion and FB best (that will utilize his scoring the best) but is less useful in triangle and flex. Defensively, he's way better in zone or press, he's a - in man.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a starter at D3 for almost all D/O combo's for a NT quality team.

He's nothing more than a backup PG in the perfect situation at D2.

He shouldn't be on any D1 teams radar.
12/18/2016 10:04 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/18/2016 5:29:00 PM (view original):
Yep, I get a walk-on. Didn't have time to open anyone else up to a scholarship offer.

Should I start a thread complaining about how unfair this was?
I think they've got that thread covered ... and covered ... and covered ... and covered ... and covered ... and covered ...
12/18/2016 6:07 PM
THERE'S ALWAYS ROOM FOR ONE MORE!!!!

Or at least there always has been. One can be the top thread and someone will start another with the same gripe.
12/18/2016 6:20 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Recruiting from a n00b viewpoint Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.