GUESS Ratings Inputs on Potential Modifications Topic

There has not been much input in the forum posts regarding the individual position ratings and potential modifications. Most coaches seem to agree that that existing ratings formulas are a good starting point. I don't think there is anyone that thinks that the GUESS ratings are NOT a good, reliable starting point.

HOWEVER, the question is: can we use our collective knowledge to change them to be even BETTER as a starting point?

What is desired is that everyone who has "tweaked" these ratings provide some of that input for the collective good of the GD world. The problem right now is that everyone says they tweak the base numbers, but not enough people are identifying their tweaks. Bob needs some consistent feedback in order to make any changes.

Example (completely made up): 10 coaches think that TECH should be raised to 20 for all Receiving Tight Ends. Sounds like something should be done. However.....52 coaches say NO...TECH makes no difference and should be eliminated completely. Now Bob would have a reason to make a change. With only 5 or 6 coaches providing (varied) inputs....he can't get anywhere.

If you don't like the idea of sharing your inputs in the forum (which I can understand), just send Bob some sitemails (that may clog his system, but would provide an avenue for communication).
11/29/2016 8:24 AM
Umm.....there are forum posts about tweaking the GUESS numbers happening right now.
11/29/2016 9:56 AM
Posted by harriswb3 on 11/29/2016 8:24:00 AM (view original):
There has not been much input in the forum posts regarding the individual position ratings and potential modifications. Most coaches seem to agree that that existing ratings formulas are a good starting point. I don't think there is anyone that thinks that the GUESS ratings are NOT a good, reliable starting point.

HOWEVER, the question is: can we use our collective knowledge to change them to be even BETTER as a starting point?

What is desired is that everyone who has "tweaked" these ratings provide some of that input for the collective good of the GD world. The problem right now is that everyone says they tweak the base numbers, but not enough people are identifying their tweaks. Bob needs some consistent feedback in order to make any changes.

Example (completely made up): 10 coaches think that TECH should be raised to 20 for all Receiving Tight Ends. Sounds like something should be done. However.....52 coaches say NO...TECH makes no difference and should be eliminated completely. Now Bob would have a reason to make a change. With only 5 or 6 coaches providing (varied) inputs....he can't get anywhere.

If you don't like the idea of sharing your inputs in the forum (which I can understand), just send Bob some sitemails (that may clog his system, but would provide an avenue for communication).
Ya I'm confused... in the posts people are giving really good feedback and even mention they are site mailing Bob. Also the coaches who are giving input have been playing forever and already use their own set of formulas and can contribute much better information then 90% of the users. I honestly don't want everyone giving input because then he has to decide if he listens to the well informed or the masses. I my opinion everything is going just fine and there appears to be progress being made.
11/29/2016 10:22 AM
No one has site mailed me with any suggestions.

The feedback in the threads has been good. Certainly not knocking the quality of the comments. But relatively few people are chipping in with any thoughts. Certainly not near the level of people that said they would contribute when I ran the poll earlier.
11/29/2016 11:36 AM
Posted by bhazlewood on 11/29/2016 11:36:00 AM (view original):

The feedback in the threads has been good. Certainly not knocking the quality of the comments. But relatively few people are chipping in with any thoughts. Certainly not near the level of people that said they would contribute when I ran the poll earlier.
This was the point of my post.
11/29/2016 5:06 PM
Posted by harriswb3 on 11/29/2016 5:06:00 PM (view original):

This was the point of my post.
I would listen to the people who are chipping in. they are giving great feedback and even though a lot of people liked the idea of modifying the ratings it seems a majority didn't care enough to actually dive into it and see what changes make sense to them. To me this means whatever you do the majority is going to be happy. Personally I love the reports and trust your thinking. if they get updated or refreshed I will love it and if they stay the same I will continue to love it.
11/29/2016 10:51 PM

Bob - I'm happy to answer any questions or provide some feedback, but have been away on my honeymoon. If there are any particular positions that you would like more input on, please bump the thread and I'll surely check in. Greatly appreciate all you do for the GD experience and always happy to share my opinions.
12/1/2016 11:04 PM
Posted by orangepace on 12/1/2016 11:04:00 PM (view original):

Bob - I'm happy to answer any questions or provide some feedback, but have been away on my honeymoon. If there are any particular positions that you would like more input on, please bump the thread and I'll surely check in. Greatly appreciate all you do for the GD experience and always happy to share my opinions.
I do not normally go for off-color humor, but I can't believe orangepace returns from his honeymoon and immediately offers Bob input on "particular positions." Must have been quite a honeymoon.
12/2/2016 1:09 AM
I no longer use my own formulas, I use only the GUESS formulas as a guideline for recruiting and for setting up my depth charts. A change in any formula could mean a slight change in my depth chart, but probably not by much, and it would have no significant impact on the way that I recruit. This is why I have not offered any input and if I had something that I thought would help I would certainly post it here. I really really appreciate Bob and those GUESS reports, they have a huge positive impact on the game and I am always available to bhazlewood if he ever feels like I might have something to add to his work.
12/3/2016 12:31 PM
Posted by tribewriter on 12/2/2016 1:09:00 AM (view original):
Posted by orangepace on 12/1/2016 11:04:00 PM (view original):

I do not normally go for off-color humor, but I can't believe orangepace returns from his honeymoon and immediately offers Bob input on "particular positions." Must have been quite a honeymoon.
12/3/2016 3:00 PM
GUESS Ratings Inputs on Potential Modifications Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.