As you're browsing the WIS classifieds today...please consider taking a 1940 team in the All Time Progressive (ATP) League

see the roster below..

The ATP is about to begin its 56th season of play! ....if you enjoy baseball history...this is a good league for you

THE LEAGUE IS THE OLDEST SINGLE SEASON LEAGUE IN WIS THAT STARTED PLAY WITH THE 1885 SEASON - .This is a single season progressive league that plays two parallel leagues - the NL and AL - with both playing the current - in this case 1939 - season. The leagues function separately except for the champion of each league playing in the World Series. There are 10 teams in each league which are formed from the players of the 16 real life teams. This allows for ample players for doing a single season at a time progressive league during this era.

Another way of understanding is that there will be a 1940 Mel Ott in the NL and a 1940 Mel Ott in the AL

The league uses the 5-5-5-5 WIS format with 4 of the 20 teams making the playoffs

There is no AAA and no waiver wire. Trading is only allowed within each league.

Unlike some progressive leagues, the ATP uses a formula for determining the draft order (2 times the current mid-season team salary) + (1 time the keepers salary) – the wins at game 162). In short, the league rewards winning by a team improving it’s draft slot. THERE IS NO REWARD FOR LOSING to gain a top draft pick. This formula serves to avoid the tanking issues many progressive leagues face.

The league offers strategy challenges in trying to build a lean and mean team....a delicate balance to achieve

There is no cap on the number of keepers (up to 25).

If you are interested in taking ownership of the team, please post your claim and sitemail me. Also, feel free to send any questions you might have about the league.

Thanks for looking
11/30/2016 11:50 PM (edited)

1940 AL - Philadelphia - Shibe Park - CLAIMED by OleProfessor

25 possible keepers - 1 1940 draft pick for each keeper less than 25

C – Al Lopez, Rick Ferrell, Billy Sullivan

1B – Dolph Camilli, Sam West

2B – Benny McCoy

3B - Red Rolfe, Pinky May, Stu Martin

SS – Dick Bartell, Frank Croucher

OF – Sam Chapman, Mike Kreevich, Chet Laabs

P – Spud Chandler, Dizzy Trout, Lefty Grove, Thornton Lee, Bill Dietrich, Steve Sundra, Clyde Shoun, Harry Eisenstat, Mace Brown, Max Butcher, Manny Salvo

I/R – Howie Krist P (1941), Max Macon P (1942), Ray Prim P (1943), Randy Gumpert P (1946), Bobby Estalella OF (1941)
12/2/2016 2:01 PM (edited)
I am in. Nice solution to the problem of having enough players for some seasons, particularly useful for the War years.

Nice team. I will take it if it has not yet been claimed.
12/2/2016 12:42 PM
thanks for claiming....sent you a sitemail
12/2/2016 2:01 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.