Recruit/signing Topic

OK, here's the scenario.

Signings start today on RS1. I have 3 scholarships available until I can rescind one in RS2.

I really want one guy. I have the best position but I'm not VH. I'll keep dedicating resources in hopes of getting there. I have others that are VH. Signing preferences for all are either early, whenever, end of period one. All have scholarship offers. My concern is the three available are taken before I get the guy I want to the proper level.

Should I pull one of the offers on VH? And, if I pull the offer, will I essentially start over on that guy?

Thanks in advance. I'm sure this has been answered a thousand times but I can't find it via search.
11/30/2016 8:36 AM (edited)
Has not been answered 1000 times because the calculus in 3.0 is new

Keeping schollies open on guys who are signable while you want a different guy is a risk. You can take the chance or not.

Pulling an offer is a negative. I dont think you start over, but it is a negative. Others can offer experiences on how big a negative.

Also, be careful about posting stuff like this - you are giving away a lot of info to potential competitors for these guys. Might want to delete and ask a more generic question.
11/30/2016 8:23 AM
Good point. Less info now available.

Thanks.
11/30/2016 8:37 AM
Pulling the scholarship offer was made a more significant negative in 3.0. I would guess that you could get back to considering, but it would take resources that you probably need to devote elsewhere.

The question on your main target is what resources are you devoting to him? AP have significant impact. You can put up to 80 per cycle into a player. Once you unlock actions, then it's good to get the promises, if any, in first or during the cycle that you send other actions (that especially helps if the recruit has a playing preference). Assuming you have unlocked all actions, then you could promise 30 minutes, a start, bring him on a campus visit and visit his home 20 times in one cycle, then 80 AP every single cycle. Not suggesting you should do that, but you could do all that in a cycle and see whether you get to VH.

The big issue is to check all those target's signing preferences. Are any early? Are any late? Is the target listed D2 or D1? A D3 team cannot sign a D2 recruit until period #2. I hear that a D3 team cannot sign a D1 recruit until later in period #2 (not sure that's true). All of that is non-intuitive and takes a bit of getting used to. The underlying idea is that D1 teams will be able to battle for a primary target, lose, but have put in enough AP to fall back on their secondary target and steal them from lurking D2 or D3 teams in time not to have their programs ruined. Whether that actually works as intended or not is a separate issue.

In any event, you need to map out which cycle you can expect those targets to start signing with you. It could be that you are worried about something that has no chance of occurring regardless.
11/30/2016 9:26 AM
Got you. Those two posts answers my question perfectly. Thanks.
11/30/2016 9:35 AM
For the sake of info sharing, in case someone else starts searching the same thing I did, I pulled the offer on what would have been my 12th man. All the options reset to zero(HV, CV, S offer). He is no longer considering anyone but we're still listed as VH on the recruiting home page.
11/30/2016 11:25 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/30/2016 11:25:00 AM (view original):
For the sake of info sharing, in case someone else starts searching the same thing I did, I pulled the offer on what would have been my 12th man. All the options reset to zero(HV, CV, S offer). He is no longer considering anyone but we're still listed as VH on the recruiting home page.
Would be interested to know if this remains the case after one additional cycle or if it changes...
11/30/2016 11:33 AM
Be back after 5. Only have 1 AP on him so we'll know soon enough.
11/30/2016 1:24 PM
Posted by rednu on 11/30/2016 11:33:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/30/2016 11:25:00 AM (view original):
Would be interested to know if this remains the case after one additional cycle or if it changes...
I dropped to Very Low.
11/30/2016 5:24 PM
It's dependent on prestige.
11/30/2016 8:18 PM
Mike, I asked about this in the Beta. Seble said a change was implemented that a recruit would essentially no longer consider you if you pulled a scholarship offer. I pulled one and the guy would no longer accept any recruiting actions or AP from me.
11/30/2016 9:18 PM
He's letting me burn AP on him. Hasn't opened anything up but it's only one point. Are you saying I'm wasting them?
Attention Points (1) $0 Processed
Attention Points (1) $0 Processed
Withdraw Scholarship Offer $0 Processed
11/30/2016 9:28 PM
To answer my own question, yeah, I was wasting AP on him.

It took 40 AP to open SO. I used 9 and the meter didn't move.
11/30/2016 11:10 PM
I believe that is the case mike. Unless something changed since beta, pulling a scholarship offer, pretty much ends any chance you have with the players.
11/30/2016 11:37 PM
Does anything similar happen when you tell a guy you want to redshirt him?

I had someone very high and ready to sign then told them about the redshirt and they immediately dropped to very low. I caved and took the redshirt off, but he's still not considering me at all, and at zero % for home visits etc.

Does anyone know if I'm wasting my attention points trying to get him back on board?
12/1/2016 4:40 PM
12 Next ▸
Recruit/signing Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.