Changing Positions Topic

I'm playing HD for the first time in a long time, the game is very different from what I remember

I'm towards the end of my first season back, and am starting to look ahead to next season. I have a couple of players who may be better suited at different position. In particular, a freshman point guard who may be better suited as a shooting guard, and a junior small forward who may be better suited as a point guard.

What are the advantages and/or disadvantages to changing their listed position at the beginning of next season as opposed to keeping them at their current positions and just playing them at their "new" positions next season via the depth chart?

Thanks.
11/30/2016 3:26 PM
No real change, except cosmetic. Some have argued there might be some gameplanning advantage to keeping your lineups and positions ambiguous, but all I have to do is take a quick glance at 3 or 4 lineups to see if you're moving guys around or not. Savvy game planners look at the box score, they don't just look at the ratings.
11/30/2016 3:31 PM
Somebody is getting nervous about the big East Conn St vs West Conn St "Battle for Directional Supremacy" tonight!!!!
11/30/2016 3:40 PM
Yeah, only real impact it makes is on postseason awards since they're being evaluated on their listed position, not the position they actually played in games.
11/30/2016 4:06 PM
I took West Conn State and the 5 points on the road... that Snyder kid they have can really score the pumpkin.
11/30/2016 5:06 PM
The smart money is on WCSU and the points. After all, the WCSU coach has the most wins in the history of WifS against the ECSU coach.
Record vs. MikeT23: 445-516 (.463)
11/30/2016 5:29 PM
An easy cover for ECSU. We'll win by 15+.
11/30/2016 6:30 PM
W. Connecticut St. 30 32 62
E. Connecticut St. 30 19 49
W Conn St rules!!!
12/1/2016 6:12 AM
Changing Positions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.