what to do with zone tempo Topic

I play zone and came across a team that only played 7 deep roster. If I go uptempo that not's going to make him tire out. So with a zone how to I make a team pay for only having 7 man roster?
12/1/2016 12:40 PM
Going uptempo will draw more fouls, and with only 7 guys he really cant afford to get into foul trouble. I would play him at a -4 3-2 Zone, uptempo. He wont be able to take it inside against you, so you will make him settle for outside shots (the accuracy of which goes down as his players get tired), and with the 3-2 you still have guys scanning the perimeter to keep him from taking open threes. Hopefully a couple of his starters will get in foul trouble trying to keep up with your guys running up and down the court, which means his lower rated reserves will have to play more, getting more fatigued, performing even worse. This strategy has worked well for me against short lineups.
12/1/2016 1:22 PM
Thanks snafu. He killed me from 3 last game. Going like 12-28. I played 3-2 -3. He runs man2man. So I was thinking 3-2 -1. His stamina is real good for the 7. I'll post box score soon.
12/2/2016 9:47 AM
Put a double team "Always" on his top outside threat and stick to the -4
12/2/2016 9:53 AM
https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=13844924&tab=boxscore. Here you go.
12/2/2016 9:54 AM
I honestly wouldn't put to much stock into that outcome--plain and simple, you got homered. The first half was almost dead even stats wise, but in the second half you had 13 turnovers to his 3, and his guys put up 13 more shot attempts. I am a little baffled as to how he could throw up so many more attempts when the rebounding stats were so close. That is a frustrating loss.
12/2/2016 4:28 PM
Another thing to consider that game, besides home court advantage, is the IQ difference. Most of his guys getting PT are A's, with a couple Bs, whereas your team is a handful of A's with a lot of B's and C's.
12/2/2016 4:33 PM
Posted by terps21234 on 12/1/2016 12:40:00 PM (view original):
I play zone and came across a team that only played 7 deep roster. If I go uptempo that not's going to make him tire out. So with a zone how to I make a team pay for only having 7 man roster?
probably should've gone with the fullcourt press.
12/6/2016 9:43 PM
have not looked at rosters, but I think IQ is a vital aspect to consider. If he's got 7 guys with A's and B's and your roster is deeper but younger/weaker IQ, I dont think that uptempo is wise
12/6/2016 11:07 PM
what to do with zone tempo Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.