Random observation/question Topic

I come from HBD. Mr and Mrs HBD hatched me. Anyway, maybe I'm not taking a "bad" HD season seriously enough. 90-72 is HBD is pretty solid. 14-12 in HD, by comparison, is terrible.

So, when the elite owners say "I have no way to replace my 3 EE therefore my program will be set back for many seasons" are they saying they'll go 19-7 for a couple of seasons? Is this the end of civilization? Is it because they've been 23-3 or 25-1 for the last 40 seasons?

I'm not being a smartass. I'm sure my "goals" in simgames do not match the goals of others. But, if I have a terrible recruiting class, I'm not sweating it. No more than I sweat that 79-83 HBD that comes from nowhere. For an owner with my HBD experience, it shouldn't happen. But, even when it does, my dogs still like me.
12/1/2016 3:51 PM
Mostly what those guys are saying is "I am going from being one of 8 teams who have a chance of winning a NT to not being one of those teams".
12/1/2016 4:05 PM
So they'll be one of 25?
12/1/2016 4:12 PM
I don't know. In the old system, you were either a team with a chance or you weren't. Teams 9-40 had like zero chance of winning a NT. It's a bit of a generalization but not much.

In 3.0 I expect that way more teams will have a chance (albeit small) but I am not sure yet.
12/1/2016 4:14 PM
Doesn't sound like a competition at all.
12/1/2016 4:15 PM
That's why so many of use played D2 and D3.
12/1/2016 4:18 PM
Am I making inappropriate assumptions when I think those at the top of D1 take the game too seriously? I mean, it's a sim game on the internet.
12/1/2016 4:21 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/1/2016 4:21:00 PM (view original):
Am I making inappropriate assumptions when I think those at the top of D1 take the game too seriously? I mean, it's a sim game on the internet.
LOL, is defining your cajones by the results of a sim game taking it too seriously?
12/1/2016 4:28 PM
I'd vote "yes" but I'm a D3 n00b. My team is 6-20 and I still enjoyed it. After all, snafu sez I get a participation trophy. I hope it's shiny!!!!
12/1/2016 4:35 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/1/2016 4:21:00 PM (view original):
Yes. That is an inappropriate assumption based on very little evidence.
12/1/2016 4:36 PM
a dude taking steroids to be better at slow pitch softball is an example of someone taking something to seriously
12/1/2016 4:38 PM
Who did that? Much like my profile, everything you read on the internet isn't true.

I took steroids cuz chicks dig the big muscles. Trust me, hit the bar and tell the hot chick you just won your 3rd NT. She'll say "Really? What school do you coach?" When you tell her "UNC in Hoops Dynasty. It's an internet game" your chances with her will be less than me and my amazing 6-20 record at WCSU.
12/1/2016 4:53 PM
Chicks are ALL OVER slow pitch softball games....
12/1/2016 4:57 PM
I've gotten laid for being good at it. I've never gotten laid for winning a simsports championship.
12/1/2016 4:58 PM
FWIW, I do believe if something is worth doing, it's worth doing right. But, if I'm terrible at HD, I'm not losing sleep over it. If I think the game sucks, I'll leave quietly. I left 70 seasons ago. I'm sure no one remembers it. Because I did it quietly. I took my talents to HBD without a show on ESPN. Or a post here explaining why I left. I assumed no one cared. Others obviously believe the reason they're quitting needs to be explained. Over and over and over again.
12/1/2016 5:07 PM
1|2|3...7 Next ▸
Random observation/question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.