Random observation/question Topic

It's a little rich that you think that no once cares what you think....
12/1/2016 5:13 PM
Some people find some of my posts funny. Some people find knowledge that I've managed to accrue thru experience in HBD useful. Some people are entertained when I argue for pages and pages with someone who is sure they're right(not that I'm not sure I'm right too). I'm sure there are other reasons people read my posts(or chose not to).

No one finds a "This game sucks, I'm out" post funny, useful or entertaining.
12/1/2016 5:22 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/1/2016 5:07:00 PM (view original):
FWIW, I do believe if something is worth doing, it's worth doing right. But, if I'm terrible at HD, I'm not losing sleep over it. If I think the game sucks, I'll leave quietly. I left 70 seasons ago. I'm sure no one remembers it. Because I did it quietly. I took my talents to HBD without a show on ESPN. Or a post here explaining why I left. I assumed no one cared. Others obviously believe the reason they're quitting needs to be explained. Over and over and over again.
Mike, I think this post right here is exactly why some people are fighting so much about the changes. Guys who have been here a long time loved what the game was. It doesn't necessarily mean they take the game too seriously. It means they don't like the idea of watching the game change for someone who casually says, "if I don't like it, I'll quietly leave" after being here a few seasons. They on the other hand had something they liked get changed into something they don't like for people who never planned to put near the investment into the game that they did.

Not an argument here, but just something to keep in mind with a lot of these arguments.It's not all about they are afraid to give up their elite positions.
12/1/2016 10:41 PM
For the record, it was 20 seasons. Maybe that's a few in the grand scheme of things but it wasn't "I'll try it" then quit after 2-3 seasons. Simply put, I didn't like D1 recruiting in the ACC because lowly VaTech could not compete for game changing players. I think I went from 4-22 to 16-14 in my 4 seasons at VaTech(I was reasonably successful at Elon and LaSalle prior to moving to the ACC).

I get that people are upset. But, as I mentioned several weeks ago, users with no teams(and some with a few but "cutting back") devolved every thread into "This sucks. I quit." Certainly within their "internet rights" but annoying.
12/2/2016 6:30 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/1/2016 4:58:00 PM (view original):
I've gotten laid for being good at it. I've never gotten laid for winning a simsports championship.
Maybe you're hanging out in the wrong bars.
12/2/2016 11:08 AM
I don't think there's an issue with how serious people are about the game. I knocked cbriese out in the ALDS in Shtickless (HBD) last season and hammered him with texts about how awesome I am as soon as the last game simmed. I've set alarms in the middle of the night to check if FAs had signed in HBD before. Some of us are huge nerds and there's nothing wrong with that. However, if you're upset about changes in the game, there's a more tactful way of expressing that than throwing a fit and crying "dice roll" over and over - that's where I agree with you, Mike. That being said, if people want to stick with a game despite those changes but are still frustrated, I don't think "if you don't like it then quit, it's just a game" is a great attitude to have when talking to those people.
12/2/2016 11:15 AM
I guess I was somewhat implying that people were just a tad too serious. But I was also curious if I was in the minority. I play, I want to win. When I do, I give myself a little high five, talk some trash to my opponent and it's all over in a matter of minutes. I'm Nick Saban. On to next season.

What I find a little odd is that we're 5 months(I think) into 3.0. It just might be time to move on if you're upset about the changes. 5 months is a long time to be mad over an internet game. At least I think so.
12/2/2016 11:48 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/2/2016 11:48:00 AM (view original):
I guess I was somewhat implying that people were just a tad too serious. But I was also curious if I was in the minority. I play, I want to win. When I do, I give myself a little high five, talk some trash to my opponent and it's all over in a matter of minutes. I'm Nick Saban. On to next season.

What I find a little odd is that we're 5 months(I think) into 3.0. It just might be time to move on if you're upset about the changes. 5 months is a long time to be mad over an internet game. At least I think so.
I think the fact we are that far in is why people who are sticking around are still making noise. This is still early in the stages and they are hoping WIS is still actively monitoring things and ready to make adjustments as they stated they would. What many predicted is that they would throw together some quick beta and roll the game out without truly working out the bugs which is exactly what happened. This big of a change does not work out the bugs in 3 seasons of beta. Even worse is many predicted that WIS would make the changes, and then disappear for years again without fixing the issues like they have with every other major update.

We'll see how they are moving forward, but I don't have my hopes up that they will do what they claimed, but many have hopes that they are listening and working on something. Honestly, if WIS was more interactive with the community, the forums would be much better and people could focus their thoughts and statements if WIS communicated their intentions.

You can say it's their business, but not communicating with your customers is a pretty **** poor business. Even a large company like Mcdonalds tries to get feedback from their customers.
12/2/2016 11:17 PM
Well, I'm not going to bother addressing the first two paragraphs beyond saying that sending tickets is far better than rehashing the same gripe over and over and over again in the forums. The complaints are known. Surely you're familiar with the "cry wolf" story.

Yes, McDonalds does get feedback from their customers. However, a drunken loot screaming "This burger sucks" at the counter is told to leave. If he doesn't, the cops are called. If you think I'm making a comparison, I probably am. But I'm not implying that anyone is a drunken loot.
12/3/2016 5:46 AM
Posted by mbriese on 12/2/2016 11:15:00 AM (view original):
I don't think there's an issue with how serious people are about the game. I knocked cbriese out in the ALDS in Shtickless (HBD) last season and hammered him with texts about how awesome I am as soon as the last game simmed. I've set alarms in the middle of the night to check if FAs had signed in HBD before. Some of us are huge nerds and there's nothing wrong with that. However, if you're upset about changes in the game, there's a more tactful way of expressing that than throwing a fit and crying "dice roll" over and over - that's where I agree with you, Mike. That being said, if people want to stick with a game despite those changes but are still frustrated, I don't think "if you don't like it then quit, it's just a game" is a great attitude to have when talking to those people.
I will admit to checking my first tourney game in 10 years this AM. Caught a calf cramp at 4:58. Since I knew I have to "walk it off", I checked my game. Crushing victory over ECSU. WCSU rules directional Connecticut!!!!
12/3/2016 5:49 AM
Bump for snafu.

He takes the game, and the forums, too seriously. He got mad and joined my conference to show me what's up. Over the course of two hours, he mentioned half a dozen times how he was going to make my life miserable. I guess that once, maybe twice, we play each season is going to be soulcrushing from me. That those games are going to be much worse than the 21 I lost in my first season and the inevitable 16th I will lose in my 2nd.

Self-important HD users are funny. In a sad way.
1/18/2017 7:21 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/18/2017 7:21:00 AM (view original):
Bump for snafu.

He takes the game, and the forums, too seriously. He got mad and joined my conference to show me what's up. Over the course of two hours, he mentioned half a dozen times how he was going to make my life miserable. I guess that once, maybe twice, we play each season is going to be soulcrushing from me. That those games are going to be much worse than the 21 I lost in my first season and the inevitable 16th I will lose in my 2nd.

Self-important HD users are funny. In a sad way.
And you had to go find a month old thread and bump it so you could type 100 words about how much you don't care..

Riiiight.
1/18/2017 7:34 AM
Mostly just to jab at snafu.

But you understand how the search engine works here, right? Took about 20 seconds. Took longer to type this.
1/18/2017 8:34 AM
For some reason this is what comes up when you search for MikeT23

1/18/2017 10:09 AM
You're a funny guy. Like a clown.
1/18/2017 10:35 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...7 Next ▸
Random observation/question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.