Hey, WiS, do you want our help promoting? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
They said they are working on it .. and since you have zero comments on this post and the Promote post has 5 pages of links saying 'done', you might want to change the WE to I in you post.
12/4/2016 10:32 PM
one should draw no inference from the absence of comments, given that people have made that valid point that continuing to complain about changes WIS has made achieves little.
12/5/2016 5:22 AM
Posted by lakevin on 12/2/2016 8:57:00 PM (view original):
Then fix the freaking EE issue. Until then we are "monitoring".
Not sure how many people you speak for, seeing as how a lot of people have responded / shared their post.
12/5/2016 11:37 AM
Posted by mbriese on 12/5/2016 11:37:00 AM (view original):
Posted by lakevin on 12/2/2016 8:57:00 PM (view original):
Then fix the freaking EE issue. Until then we are "monitoring".
Not sure how many people you speak for, seeing as how a lot of people have responded / shared their post.
OK, so about 60 people have taken their free stuff by saying they are sharing. Wahoo. If that's their strategy, they've already lost more than they gained. And I appreciate that a few of you feel that any criticism of WiS is treasonous and you get ignored. I'm playing out a credit and not helping until/unless they show they can listen to and respect their longest-term and presumably most valued customers. I don't have to get what I want, but I do deserve a respectful answer beyond "we didn't really think much about that and will see how it shakes out, except that we presume it will go away since no one will be any good at this game any more."
12/5/2016 12:09 PM
Its a lot like Ford when they said - for most owners the problem with exploding gas tanks in the Pinto will not be a factor. For the small percentage that it effects, people should plan ahead for the possibility, drive accordingly and we are considering some improvements.
12/5/2016 1:25 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/5/2016 10:01:00 AM (view original):
Benis sez "Thems the breaks".
Out of context.
12/5/2016 1:50 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/5/2016 2:16:00 PM (view original):
Meh. You want to apply it when UCLA takes a recruit from Elon with minimal effort, I want to apply it to EEs.
Go ahead and apply it if you want I suppose. But that's you saying it and I think they're not nearly the same thing.
12/5/2016 2:27 PM
Seems in both cases that teams are losing a player they covet. One big difference is one team will get some resources to attempt to cover the loss while the other loses resources AND the player. And they may not have an opportunity to replace the player.

The double standard you're using would be funny if you knew you were using it.

The user at Elon should know not to chase too big of a fish because UCLA might need him as a fallback option.
Yet the UCLAs of HBD, with all the great players, don't need to know that great players might declare early.
12/5/2016 2:46 PM
And, before someone says "Of course the player chooses Elon over UCLA", that wasn't the discussion.

I don't think Elon should be pouring tons of resources into a player only to have UCLA throw 15 AP at him on the next to last cycle and then a scholarship offer on the last cycle.
12/5/2016 2:51 PM
"Seems in both cases that teams are losing a player they covet. "

Except Elon isn't losing a player. They never HAD the player. The player is never yours until he signs. Recruiting 101.
12/5/2016 3:03 PM
Conversely, the player you sign might declare early. The player isn't guaranteed to stay for 4 seasons. EE 101.

Thems the breaks.
12/5/2016 3:07 PM
1|2|3...7 Next ▸
Hey, WiS, do you want our help promoting? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.