Hey, WiS, do you want our help promoting? Topic

Posted by Benis on 12/5/2016 5:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mbriese on 12/5/2016 5:02:00 PM (view original):
Am I missing something about EEs? Isn't the simplest solution be to tell coaches at the beginning of Session 1 that players are leaving early, and giving them resources as if the player is graduating? I'm sure people have mentioned that a million different times, but I don't know what the argument against it is. Logically, the current system is punishing you for having good players, as if losing one of your best players before their senior year isn't punishment enough.

Unless people are just arguing because, like me, they're procrastinating at work. If that's the case, please proceed.
Exactly. This is the best solution in my opinion. It really doesn't harm anyone. EEs still carry the risk of losing a player early. That's all the penalty there should be.

And yes, Mike is arguing for the sake of arguing.

Oh, thanks for catching the South Park reference!
No, I was just yanking your chain for using a double standard for "Thems the breaks".
12/5/2016 6:16 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/5/2016 6:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 12/5/2016 5:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mbriese on 12/5/2016 5:02:00 PM (view original):
Am I missing something about EEs? Isn't the simplest solution be to tell coaches at the beginning of Session 1 that players are leaving early, and giving them resources as if the player is graduating? I'm sure people have mentioned that a million different times, but I don't know what the argument against it is. Logically, the current system is punishing you for having good players, as if losing one of your best players before their senior year isn't punishment enough.

Unless people are just arguing because, like me, they're procrastinating at work. If that's the case, please proceed.
Exactly. This is the best solution in my opinion. It really doesn't harm anyone. EEs still carry the risk of losing a player early. That's all the penalty there should be.

And yes, Mike is arguing for the sake of arguing.

Oh, thanks for catching the South Park reference!
No, I was just yanking your chain for using a double standard for "Thems the breaks".
Yeah.... except it's not.
12/5/2016 6:27 PM
Correct. If you exclude the fact that it is.
12/5/2016 6:59 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/5/2016 6:59:00 PM (view original):
Correct. If you exclude the fact that it is.
But its not.
12/5/2016 7:01 PM
Well, yeah, if you willingly refuse to accept facts.

Seriously, we're not going to agree. I see little difference in unexpectedly, as in a big school showing up on the next to last cycle of a player you've been wooing the entire session, losing a recruit and a top school unexpectedly, although I'm still having trouble believing a user good enough to sign top recruits can be "surprised", losing a player at the beginning of the 2nd session.

IMO, it's far worse to be stuck with a walk-on than to be forced to sign a mid-level D1 player.
12/5/2016 7:12 PM
Yeah we're not going to agree obviously.

But here's the thing, you CAN lose someone who isn't on the big board at all. So there's that.

There's also the fact that the team 'wooing' this player could (or in Spud's words 'HAVE A BACKUP PLAN') so when someone comes along to take that 4 star, you don't need to take a walk on. You're also over exaggerating how easy it is for UNC to get a guy from Elon if Elon went hard after a player. It won't take "15AP" as you say, they'll likely need to send 20 HVs and a CV. So stop that nonsense.
12/5/2016 7:25 PM
Of course I'm over exaggerating. It's the internet. Nonetheless, UNC stops by near the end of RS2, dumps all the AP they have, opens up the rest, they dump the 20 HV and the CV. Recruit takes UNC. How in the hell was Elon supposed to have a back-up plan for the UNC blitzkrieg on the last few cycles?

And, if you really want to start with "backup plan", doesn't that apply to EE? Again, double standard. It's a little sad that you don't see it.
12/5/2016 7:33 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/5/2016 7:33:00 PM (view original):
Of course I'm over exaggerating. It's the internet. Nonetheless, UNC stops by near the end of RS2, dumps all the AP they have, opens up the rest, they dump the 20 HV and the CV. Recruit takes UNC. How in the hell was Elon supposed to have a back-up plan for the UNC blitzkrieg on the last few cycles?

And, if you really want to start with "backup plan", doesn't that apply to EE? Again, double standard. It's a little sad that you don't see it.
Except Elon has enough resources to get a backup plan in 1st session. It's math, so it's a little hard but a team with EEs will not have as many APs per opening than a team without EE since they don't get them until 2nd session.
12/5/2016 7:40 PM (edited)
Look your argument is totally flawed.

Here's a scenario. I'm at UNC. I have 1 opening. I go start recruiting a local 3 star kid. Things are going well for me but he signs with Duke right before 1st session ends.

Right before 2nd session starts, I have 2 EEs. Now I have 3 openings and the resources with it. I see there's a late signer who is only considering D prestige Elon. I spend all my APs and unlock everything. I then send 20 HVs and a CV and sign him.

That's what's happening in the current setup here. I got a big influx of funds in 2nd session and knock off Elon who was on the player for the entire 1st session and you say "oh poor Elon". If I had just gotten the funds in the 1st session, I could have gone for that guy right away or maybe sign a different guy. Maybe I sign 2 out of 3 spots and come 2nd session, I don't have enough funds any more to knock of a team like Elon.

Are you starting to get it? Put your biased opinion aside for a second and take a look at the big picture here.
12/5/2016 7:58 PM
I guess you're missing the point. The player Elon wanted signed on the last cycle with UNC. There are no more cycles. If Elon had 1 opening and this recruit had been H/VH with no one else chasing him, why in the hell would they offer a scholarship to another player?
12/5/2016 8:01 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/5/2016 8:01:00 PM (view original):
I guess you're missing the point. The player Elon wanted signed on the last cycle with UNC. There are no more cycles. If Elon had 1 opening and this recruit had been H/VH with no one else chasing him, why in the hell would they offer a scholarship to another player?
So a player had an offer from Elon the entire 2nd session and didn't sign with anyone until the last cycle of 2nd session? Are you sure?

If that's true, that is VERY rare.
12/5/2016 8:04 PM
If it happens once, it's too often. But, of course, your blinders will not allow you to see it. Have a good day.
12/6/2016 6:53 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/6/2016 6:53:00 AM (view original):
If it happens once, it's too often. But, of course, your blinders will not allow you to see it. Have a good day.
Once out of 10,000. Yes, super important we figure this one out.
12/6/2016 8:25 AM
Link to your odds, please. Or just say "Well, I might have pulled that number out my ***."

Either way, it's important to the person it happens to. Sort of like the EE problem. I'm in D3. Don't care. But, since all the threads stopped being "This sucks. I'm out", they have become "EE is unfair!!! Fix it now!!!"
12/6/2016 8:32 AM
Count me in the "monitoring" category. I dropped my Waykbordr ID and will use this one team til I run out of seasons.
12/6/2016 8:54 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...7 Next ▸
Hey, WiS, do you want our help promoting? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.