Hey, WiS, do you want our help promoting? Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 12/6/2016 1:11:00 PM (view original):
Anyway, benis, my concern has an easy fix.

1) Recruits reject AP if they're the sort that won't attend a low level D1 like Elon if UNC shows a passing interest.
2) Teams have to give AP to a recruit 4 cycles before the session is up or he won't sign with them. 1 measly AP from UNC would open the door for them to snatch him away.
And once again, you keep using overly exaggerated examples to prove your point. It's not 1AP. Not even close. But whatever you want to say to support your position.

You've also ignored my entire post about how teams getting EE money in the 2nd session is WORSE for teams like Elon.

And since you have no clue how the signing process works in 3.0 (and I doubt you've even bothered to find out), I'll be a nice guy and explain it to you. Here's why I said it's once out of 10,000. When a recruit has a qualifying offer (scholly offer, opening available and H or VH interest) and is within the signing preference threshold (Early, Late, etc) there is a chance the recruit will sign that cycle. This chance of signing increases every cycle after that. So in the 2nd session, if Elon is on the recruit that is late signing preference there is a chance he'll sign that very first cycle. Based upon my experience and what others have posted, it seems like a Late preference will sign about 50% of the time in the first cycle (if anyone wants to dispute this, then please do but I think this number is pretty close for the sake of argument). So there are 8 cycles in the 2nd session I believe. That means for 7 cycles the chance of the recruit signing is increasing every cycle. Now, we don't know how much this % increases each cycle but let's use 5% which I think is pretty fair. Let's do the math now.
Chance DOES NOT sign
Cycle 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
% chance DOES NOT sign 0.5 0.45 0.4 0.35 0.3 0.25 0.2 0.05%

Based upon these numbers, which I think are very fair and definitely not just pulled out of my ***, there is a 0.05% chance the recruit still doesn't sign before that very last cycle. That is 1 out of 2,000. So yeah, I was really far off. This is a pretty likely event where a recruit doesn't sign until the last cycle AND it happens to have a team like UNC coming in and dropping max effort at the same time.
12/6/2016 1:50 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/6/2016 1:40:00 PM (view original):
"I PAID MY 20 CENTS TODAY AND I DEMAND AN EXPLANATION FOR THESE CHANGES!!!! I DESERVE ONE!!!!!"
You are nuts.
12/6/2016 1:51 PM
Posted by Benis on 12/6/2016 1:50:00 PM (view original):

1) Recruits reject AP if they're the sort that won't attend a low level D1 like Elon if UNC shows a passing interest.
2) Teams have to give AP to a recruit 4 cycles before the session is up or he won't sign with them. 1 measly AP from UNC would open the door for them to snatch him away.
And once again, you keep using overly exaggerated examples to prove your point. It's not 1AP. Not even close. But whatever you want to say to support your position.

You've also ignored my entire post about how teams getting EE money in the 2nd session is WORSE for teams like Elon.

And since you have no clue how the signing process works in 3.0 (and I doubt you've even bothered to find out), I'll be a nice guy and explain it to you. Here's why I said it's once out of 10,000. When a recruit has a qualifying offer (scholly offer, opening available and H or VH interest) and is within the signing preference threshold (Early, Late, etc) there is a chance the recruit will sign that cycle. This chance of signing increases every cycle after that. So in the 2nd session, if Elon is on the recruit that is late signing preference there is a chance he'll sign that very first cycle. Based upon my experience and what others have posted, it seems like a Late preference will sign about 50% of the time in the first cycle (if anyone wants to dispute this, then please do but I think this number is pretty close for the sake of argument). So there are 8 cycles in the 2nd session I believe. That means for 7 cycles the chance of the recruit signing is increasing every cycle. Now, we don't know how much this % increases each cycle but let's use 5% which I think is pretty fair. Let's do the math now.
Chance DOES NOT sign
Cycle 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Based upon these numbers, which I think are very fair and definitely not just pulled out of my ***, there is a 0.05% chance the recruit still doesn't sign before that very last cycle. That is 1 out of 2,000. So yeah, I was really far off. This is a pretty likely event where a recruit doesn't sign until the last cycle AND it happens to have a team like UNC coming in and dropping max effort at the same time.
Unlucky Benis but some stuff are random... A five stars who doesn't want to play or start is also random. Hey, I am top 10 in the country but Ibdo not think I belong on the court... Illogical. A whenever preference signing at the first cycle is random, a h winning against two vh is random. Too bad these VH did not prepare better.
12/6/2016 1:57 PM

Chance DOES NOT sign
Cycle 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Since you misunderstand my comment about 1 AP(I was talking about FIXES), I'm not bothering to read all that. So I'll use smaller words.

2) If a team has made no contact within 4 cycles of the end of the session, the recruit will not sign with them. All UNC would have to do is give him 1 AP on the 5th cycle from the end of the session to open him up for recruiting.

The point being is UNC isn't going to show up a week or two before signing day and make their first contact with a guy they'll eventually chase. They've made a call or sent a letter(my measly 1 AP point).

Understand?
12/6/2016 2:02 PM
Posted by Benis on 12/6/2016 1:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 12/6/2016 1:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/6/2016 1:13:00 PM (view original):
What WifS owes us:

A game to play when we plop down our $12. That's it. We can decide we want more, like explanations for changes, input into changes, etc, etc. But they damn sure don't owe us one. If we "demand" one and don't get it, take your $12 elsewhere.
Just curious, were you shaking your fist and scowling as you wrote this?
Oops, I meant to give you a thumbs up for this KC, accidentally hit the bad post rating. Pretty funny.
No worries, I'm not shaking my fist or scowling.
12/6/2016 2:08 PM
Are you making demands because you deserve better?
12/6/2016 2:13 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/6/2016 2:13:00 PM (view original):
I get what I get and I don't get upset.
12/6/2016 2:17 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/6/2016 2:02:00 PM (view original):

Chance DOES NOT sign
Cycle 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Since you misunderstand my comment about 1 AP(I was talking about FIXES), I'm not bothering to read all that. So I'll use smaller words.

2) If a team has made no contact within 4 cycles of the end of the session, the recruit will not sign with them. All UNC would have to do is give him 1 AP on the 5th cycle from the end of the session to open him up for recruiting.

The point being is UNC isn't going to show up a week or two before signing day and make their first contact with a guy they'll eventually chase. They've made a call or sent a letter(my measly 1 AP point).

Understand?
"I'm not bothering to read all that."

Ha. The rest of it wasn't even about your whining about Elon losing a recruit to UNC. I didn't read the rest of your post either. Words were too big.
12/6/2016 2:19 PM
Mike T - "I just lost a battle to UNC. Waaah, I want my 20 cents per day back"
12/6/2016 2:21 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/6/2016 2:13:00 PM (view original):
Hell yes I deserve better. I am a strong, proud black woman, and I don't need no man.
12/6/2016 3:20 PM
Posted by Benis on 12/6/2016 2:21:00 PM (view original):
Mike T - "I just lost a battle to UNC. Waaah, I want my 20 cents per day back"
Maybe later. Right now I'm in D3. If UNC wants a guy I'm after, one of us is doing something wrong.

But, just so you know, I'm gonna use "Waaah, I want my 20 cents per day back" and credit it to you after every whining EE post I see.

You gonna cry "context" again?
12/6/2016 3:50 PM

No good for anyone with a wife or husband or significant other ... or a job .,.. or a life.

Not only that, but "recruits reject AP" introduces an entirely new and different dynamic into the game and therefore also would have to be scrutinized for unwanted consequences. Better to stick to your (correct) notion that EE's aren't a problem, and whatever slight "issue" they might be will resolve itself within another season or two.
12/6/2016 4:07 PM
The two issues are not related.

And, quite honestly, I have no idea why that's no good for someone with a wife/life. You try to issue AP to a player, system refuses. Takes 10 seconds.
12/6/2016 4:13 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/6/2016 4:13:00 PM (view original):
The two issues are not related.

And, quite honestly, I have no idea why that's no good for someone with a wife/life. You try to issue AP to a player, system refuses. Takes 10 seconds.
Your boss constantly scrutinizes you and stresses you out. Your wife nags you soon as you get home. Then the fake players on the basketball simulation game you play on the computers reject your affections? A man can only take so much, Mike.
12/6/2016 4:30 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸
Hey, WiS, do you want our help promoting? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.