Is the flex offense the only set where your really don't need low post to be successful? it says PER,SPD,PAS seems to be key for flex. more of a perimeter orientated set in this game? I know it's far different than in real life.
12/3/2016 3:02 AM
I can't imagine having very high LP players not hurting in flex offense.
12/3/2016 3:04 AM
It won't hurt but every thing else being equal, a high LP player will be a more efficient scorer in other offenses than the flex.

i currently have two guys on my d3 flex team with like 70 LP who average 12ish points a game at 55% fg
12/3/2016 7:29 AM
I think the flex is interesting in WIS, it is a more perimeter orientated offense. Im no expert, but I've been researching different approaches to flex. Personally, as long as I have one player with a strong low post, usually my center, then I'll feel set. And then fill out the rest of the roster with three guards and a SF/PF.

I personally like having Ball handling as well in the flex with my good passers, think of double penetration.
12/4/2016 6:39 PM

WIS description has always said FLEX doesn't need a dominate big man. I've never quite understood what they mean by that. Does it mean they don't have to be big rebounders, or they just don't have to score a lot in the paint?

I've always thought WIS was a guard dominated game anyways, no matter which offense you play.
12/5/2016 1:48 PM
in real life the flex is a kind of an offense with interchangeable positions.
Meaning through screens, guards are often in position of posting up defenders inside. And conversely, bigs are often scoring as much from the perimeter as they do from the lowpost.
Generally all players should have good passing, solid ball handing skills, and a decent perimeter game.

I'm not really sure how that relates to HD. Is a big guy with 90+ LP ineffective since he's standing on the perimeter much of the set? Is a guard with a LP of 1 able to post-up down low?

Think of Frank Kaminsky for Wisconsin running Bo Ryan's Swing offense. Sure he scored from the perimeter, but there also were times through multiple rotations of the offense that he was in more of a big man position inside, and the guards were back outside.
12/5/2016 4:37 PM
Posted by oldwarrior on 12/5/2016 4:37:00 PM (view original):
in real life the flex is a kind of an offense with interchangeable positions.
Meaning through screens, guards are often in position of posting up defenders inside. And conversely, bigs are often scoring as much from the perimeter as they do from the lowpost.
Generally all players should have good passing, solid ball handing skills, and a decent perimeter game.

I'm not really sure how that relates to HD. Is a big guy with 90+ LP ineffective since he's standing on the perimeter much of the set? Is a guard with a LP of 1 able to post-up down low?

Think of Frank Kaminsky for Wisconsin running Bo Ryan's Swing offense. Sure he scored from the perimeter, but there also were times through multiple rotations of the offense that he was in more of a big man position inside, and the guards were back outside.
Yeah absolutely, you nailed it for a real life discreption, but HD discreption is different
12/6/2016 2:48 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.