16-17 Player Watch Topic

Some really incredible seasons are being had this year. Here are some of my thoughts in regards to WIS

Kevin Durant- Usage is not as much as prior years. But everything else is better, stat that stand out to be in Durant's blk% is 3.9. Way higher than year's prior. With Steph, Klay and Draymond he can focus on other parts of his game. Almost all areas are improved
Steph Curry- Great year so far but of course prior year is better
Klay Thompson- 60 pts in 29 mins, I think he done that many times in WIS!? What's the big deal :) Great season may have higher eFG than prior seasons
Draymond Green- Not shooting as well than prior season but still a great year. We will see if it will replace last year in the draft leagues
Lebron- Prior years better
Kevin Love- Having an excellent year might be another big man option in the later rounds
Kawhi Leonard- Now it's truly his team with a 30% usage. But not sure if it will supplant his last years season. Depends on the minutes played
Kyle Lowry- Nice season, might be better than last years. Always need more scoring point guards in draft leagues
DeAndre Jordan- Looks like the last two years..
Chris Paul- Another great year so far. We will see how it compares to years prior
James Harden- What a year so far, 52% assist?? If keeps it up could be a first round pick in draft league with WIS giving him the obligatory 70 plus defense
Russell Westbrook- Talk about an great year! I don't even know where he gets the energy from! 26.2 Dreb%!! 58.6% assist and 41% usage?? But sadly it's all about the eFG in WIS and I don't think he will have it. But it would be fun to pick him anyway
Kemba Walker- Another scoring PG that could be draft worthy
Greek Freak- I don't feel like typing his name. Could be moving up from the lower rounds
Rudy Gobert- solid play if he could log more minutes could be a better year than a couple of years ago
Damian Lillard- Could there be another scoring PG added to the draft leagues
Joel Embiid- Just from a stats point of view a combo of Bill Walton and Karl Malone. Crazy good "rookie" year but from a WIS perspective he needs to get his eFG up

That's all I have for now, will probably add more later. But feel free to add some yourselves
12/10/2016 9:23 AM (edited)
Hassan Whiteside is one to keep an eye on, especially if he can end up logging a career high in minutes.
12/6/2016 2:00 PM
Joel Embiid- Just from a stats point of view a combo of Bill Walton and Karl Malone. Crazy good "rookie" year but from a WIS perspective he needs to get his eFG up

52% efg on 37% usg is pretty damn good....but he wont play enough minutes or get his fls/tos down enough to really make an impact in draft leagues...i could see him being a 5th/6th round guy if wis gives him a nice defensive rating, which i think he will/should get....he could challenge sabonis as the best 1500-2000 min high usg big....20% of his shots are from 3 and hes shooting it at 50%!

12/6/2016 6:51 PM
keep in mind that ast% is figured differently in WIS: it doesn't take the players own FGM out of the equation, so it will almost always be lower here (much lower in some cases).

That being said... Harden... wow...
12/6/2016 8:47 PM
Posted by dh555 on 12/6/2016 6:51:00 PM (view original):

52% efg on 37% usg is pretty damn good....but he wont play enough minutes or get his fls/tos down enough to really make an impact in draft leagues...i could see him being a 5th/6th round guy if wis gives him a nice defensive rating, which i think he will/should get....he could challenge sabonis as the best 1500-2000 min high usg big....20% of his shots are from 3 and hes shooting it at 50%!

Didn't do the math just eyeballing it didn't look above 50%. With 52% definitely will be a top back up.
12/6/2016 9:42 PM
Hey what about John Wall, Demarcus cousins, Jimmie butler
12/9/2016 4:59 PM
John Wall- Could be draft worthy, he has all the attributes except his eFG is at 49%. That won't cut it in draft leagues
Boogie Cousins- Similar to Wall, has a lot a great attributes good rebounding, has 21% assists with a very low TOV% of 9.5. But his eFG is at 49%. Like Wall he's in the 30's for usage so that's a not a good. Some people do draft Westbrook and the 49% eFG Kobe at times but typically not successful with them
Jimmy Butler- He's having a very good year but in terms of draft league he's not really draft worthy. And even if he improved himself, he would be dime a dozen. 50% eFG, doesn't shoot many 3's (20% rate) and other middling stats (again in regards to the WIS database) won't cut it
12/20/2016 6:58 AM (edited)
Are Westbrook's TO's a concern that might hurt his WIS value?
12/12/2016 8:18 PM
16.6% tov% when so much of the team's offense goes through him... No. I mean, the turnovers will be absurd on WIS, but again, look at the bigger picture.

ps - we've never seen this much of an offense go through someone. When he's on the floor, 41.4% of the possessions end with him shooting, turning it over or getting to the line. Of the 58.6% of those possessions that someone else ends it, he is assisting on 57.7% of their made field goals. That doesn't include the "hockey assist" or times he's hit a guy that missed the shot. The only guy really in the history of the game that has come close is also happening this season: James Harden. And then Russ plays both ends...

Sorry. Hard not to admire it.
12/12/2016 8:32 PM
Gobert is having a dream season for a low usage C.

Norman Powell is enjoying huge success with eFG on limited minutes.

12/12/2016 9:04 PM
it's nice for sure, but the rebounds aren't as good as Deandre or Big Ben's top seasons
12/12/2016 9:45 PM
Drummond 14/36 creb and if he gets anything close to his RL Drtg of 93 - pretty monstrous
12/13/2016 11:52 AM
Yeah, but he won't for some reason. He's had a couple of seasons that should have had a good DR but don't.
12/13/2016 4:11 PM
Harden though....
12/13/2016 5:43 PM
Right. That's why it makes no sense. Harden gets a good DR despite being almost Kiki bad at D, yet Drummond is a solid post D but gets shat upon.
12/13/2016 6:03 PM
123456 Next ▸
16-17 Player Watch Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.