just the color of his socks
12/6/2016 1:56 PM
And the arrogance of his fans.
12/6/2016 2:00 PM
Posted by kermit on 12/6/2016 1:52:00 PM (view original):
Not much different for him, I guess.
There's also the winning stuff.
12/6/2016 2:17 PM
Looks like a pretty good trade for both sides. Moncada is a big piece, but the Red Sox can afford him given how many other 2B and 3B prospects they still have, not to mention Betts and Shaw and Pedroia and Sandoval. As good as Moncada is, I don't think he offers the offensive upside in their deep lineup that Swihart does. If I were Boston I'd be happy to get the deal done without Swihart or Betts needing to be involved.
12/6/2016 3:07 PM
Agree. As much as I like top prospects, there are only so many big league at bats and innings available. When you have a surplus, a guy like Sale is exactly who you target.
12/6/2016 3:31 PM
Are you two done beating off to the Dead Sox lineup? I'll tell you right now. the Red Sox fleeced the White Sox and their clueless GM. Moncada won't even be in their lineup past 2020. Dude has like 35% K rate. in AAA. Overrated. I don't see how they couldn't have had a better deal.
12/6/2016 8:47 PM
He was also 21 and in AAA. And then in the Majors. You're entitled to your opinion, but The Sporting News, Baseball America, MLB.com, and ESPN all have Moncada as the #1 prospect in baseball. It's basically unanimous among the experts. Any prospect has the potential to bust, but if you get the top prospect in all of baseball and a borderline top 10 SP prospect for anybody not named Mike Trout, it's probably not "getting fleeced."
12/7/2016 12:10 AM
Basabe - Small OF with some power. No one exciting.
Diaz - Roll of the dice.
Kopech - Good tools but plenty of odd field troubles. No significant workload yet.
Moncada - I talked about him. You think the White Sox minor league system is going to fix his problems?

Was there any rush to make this trade? Sale is probably the premiere trade candidate in a long while. You had several teams with very deep minor league systems lining up to do this deal.

The Dead Sox gave up a guy they really had no place for (Moncada) and a good pitching prospect with a lot of question marks. If Devers or Benintendi had replaced one of the other two, then I can see this being a good trade for a team giving up a Chris Sale.

Kenny Williams pulled the trigger too fast. He's been a pretty average GM the last 6-7 years.
12/7/2016 6:00 AM
Yeah, he should have gotten more than the best prospect in baseball and a top minor league arm... how ridiculous of him.

I don't see why the Nationals are still sniffing around Quintana. Not even sure why they wanted Sale. It's not a big enough improvement from their current postseason rotation of Scherzer, Strasburg, Giolito and Roark to see why you'd give up prospects. They don't have the wealth of young talent that Boston does.
12/7/2016 3:40 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 12/7/2016 3:40:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, he should have gotten more than the best prospect in baseball and a top minor league arm... how ridiculous of him.

I don't see why the Nationals are still sniffing around Quintana. Not even sure why they wanted Sale. It's not a big enough improvement from their current postseason rotation of Scherzer, Strasburg, Giolito and Roark to see why you'd give up prospects. They don't have the wealth of young talent that Boston does.
Don't have Giolito anymore.
12/7/2016 5:14 PM
They just traded Giolito and 2 more to the White Sox for Adam Eaton. Now that's a good trade, for the White Sox, dafuq are the Nats thinking?
12/7/2016 5:23 PM
Would've loved to see
Scherzer, Sale, Strasburg and Roark
vs.
Arrieta, Lester, Hendricks, Lackey though.

Gio done for?
and how's AJ Cole doin? He supposed to be better than Giolito?
12/7/2016 5:27 PM
The Nats got plenty of pitching. he'll they're going balls out while they have Harper.
12/7/2016 9:45 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 12/7/2016 3:40:00 PM (view original):

Write it down. the Nats prospects will be better major leaguers.
12/7/2016 9:47 PM
12 Next ▸
Sale to Red Sox Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.