Ladies and Gentleman, this is Mafia number five.

It's been over 3 years since I last ran one (time flies) but with survivor back and some extra time on my hands, I figured it might be fun. If you're interested in signing up, post your name here in this thread. Once we get enough people, we will begin.

RULES FOR FORUM GAME:

Okay, all the roles will be sitemailed. Everyone will receive a seperate sitemail, and no one but the two mafia will know someone else's role. IF YOU DO NOT GET A SITEMAIL, YOU ARE A TOWNSPERSON. Then, I declare on this thread that it is "night" of the first round. The Mafia will sitemail me with who they want to kill. They MUST agree, as they may only choose one person. The godfather does the same thing as regular mafia, the only advantage he has is he appears innocent to cops. The doctor will sitemail me the name of a user he is trying to "save." If he guesses correctly, no one dies. If he doesn't, then off with someone's head. The doctor IS ALLOWED TO CHOOSE HIMSELF, but that is usually a bad strategy. Save yourself only when you feel it is warranted. The Vigilante, one of the new roles, will choose whether or not to kill someone, and if so, who.

The cop will also send me the name of a user. I will then reply whether they are mafia or not. When Day comes, he can present his case if he gets a "guilty." The twist here is that ANYONE can claim cop, so be careful who you believe. You will have a set timeperiod for night, usually about 24 hours.

Day will be announced whenever I get on after that night. Any sitemails recieved regarding who you choose after the allotted 24 hours, whether I have posted or not, WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. If you for some reason can't check in for those 24 hours, let me know, and there might be an extension. I will open with the story of someone getting killed (or saved) and then open the floor for accusations. This is the most interactive part. Everyone that is still alive will discuss who they want to lynch. This is when the cop (or the counterclaim/fake cop) will present their cases, and anyone who "just has a hunch" can voice theirs. Everyone will be required to POST their votes in the thread, and whoever garners the most hate votes is killed off. Mafia wins if they outnumber the villagers or it is 1 and 1, and village wins if they kill the mafia.

For the first game, whenever someone dies, we will post their role. You can play "blindly" but this is a toes-in-the-water game. So, you can keep track of who's what and how many mafia are left to be killed. Roles will still be posted this game, but in the future it will be more complex.

RULES ON SITEMAILS: IMPORTANT
All sitemails must also be CC'd to me. During the night, ONLY the mafia may sitemail each other. If anyone else is caught, they will be automatically DQed. During the day, anyone may sitemail anything to anyone. These still must be addressed to me, and for my ease, they must have the username of the reciever in them. I WILL NOT be posting any private sitemails until the game is over, and if there are any juicy/gamechanging ones, you will get to see them.

This game is based on the honor system. Please, don't cheat.

RULES ON THREAD POSTS:
During the Day, nothing is off limits. At Night, then you may post, but it can't have anything directly to do with the game. Off topic posts are allowed, and posts such as "I miss Arfy. His face didn't deserve to get smashed by a golf club" are allowed, BUT NOTHING ELSE.

Nights are 24 hours. Days will have a soft limit of 24, and may exceed that at my disgression (if there is a lot of action in the thread, I may let it run longer).

Signups: (Hoping for 10-12, then will announce the roles).
1. waregl72
2. nyaggie98 (kill him first)
3. gmc_sierra
4. csudak
5. bobprobert
6. b_rad052
12/23/2016 2:32 AM (edited)
Sounds complicated, but what the hell. I will give it a shot
12/6/2016 10:45 PM
In, and unlike the host I won't be the first one out
12/6/2016 11:10 PM
Posted by waregl72 on 12/6/2016 10:45:00 PM (view original):
Sounds complicated, but what the hell. I will give it a shot
Hm, hopefully it isn't too bad. I'll try and dig up the old threads and post some links for you to see.

EDIT:
https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=452940

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=456453

Those are the first two. Not on my comp so can't link them currently
12/7/2016 12:48 AM
caesari Made you an offer that you can't refuse ! Odderwise yer gonna find a horse's head in yer bed !
12/12/2016 1:44 AM
In
12/12/2016 6:06 PM
I'll do it
12/12/2016 10:24 PM
i'll try
12/13/2016 4:03 PM
Trying to get 5 more, but if we get 3 more we can start
12/14/2016 2:12 AM
Sup guys,

I'm back and I'll play
12/15/2016 7:36 PM
Caesari - you seen: https://www.blankmediagames.com/

?
12/16/2016 11:57 AM
bump
12/19/2016 10:57 PM
Posted by polabonez on 12/16/2016 11:57:00 AM (view original):
Caesari - you seen: https://www.blankmediagames.com/

?
I had not. Looks interesting!

Also, bump.
12/23/2016 2:32 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.