New message after championship Topic

I have not seen this one before. Usually the assistant does mention wanting me to move on so he can take the job, but resorting to bribery is new - at least to me:

What a wild night - the game, the ceremony, the media, the fans and later at the bar, wow, you were really out of control. Just so you wouldn't forget it, I took some pictures of you and that sorority girl. You remember her right? Anyway, I'll just keep those between us assuming of course you take one of these jobs I keep hearing thrown around. Then I could step in as head coach at Georgia Tech. That's one sure fire way to make sure those pictures never make it to the press...if you follow me.

Mervin Lathan
Head Assistant Coach
Georgia Tech
12/7/2016 7:50 AM
Posted by chapelhillne on 12/7/2016 7:50:00 AM (view original):
I have not seen this one before. Usually the assistant does mention wanting me to move on so he can take the job, but resorting to bribery is new - at least to me:

What a wild night - the game, the ceremony, the media, the fans and later at the bar, wow, you were really out of control. Just so you wouldn't forget it, I took some pictures of you and that sorority girl. You remember her right? Anyway, I'll just keep those between us assuming of course you take one of these jobs I keep hearing thrown around. Then I could step in as head coach at Georgia Tech. That's one sure fire way to make sure those pictures never make it to the press...if you follow me.

Mervin Lathan
Head Assistant Coach
Georgia Tech
I think you mean blackmail.

But yeah this is hilarious.
12/7/2016 8:32 AM
Shhh-BANG!
12/7/2016 11:41 AM
ages ago, I suggested that WIS could run a contest in which users were invited to submit suggested new messages. I bet if each month they solicited new messages on a different topic, they could make the site more amusing - although there now are fewer recruit messages

January - message from AD after signing a recruit

February - message from player unhappy with playing time

March - message from AD about weak performance

etc

12/7/2016 12:29 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 12/7/2016 12:29:00 PM (view original):
ages ago, I suggested that WIS could run a contest in which users were invited to submit suggested new messages. I bet if each month they solicited new messages on a different topic, they could make the site more amusing - although there now are fewer recruit messages

January - message from AD after signing a recruit

February - message from player unhappy with playing time

March - message from AD about weak performance

etc

Totally agree this is a great idea. I was thinking something similar recently. Everyone can submit messages to a thread and if they use it then you get some credit. We could all knock out tons of funny messages really quickly and it'd be no work for them.

When I first started I got some really funny recruiting messages in my first season and it was something that I really enjoyed about the game. Doesn't make or break the game by any means but it does add another level of entertainment.
12/7/2016 12:33 PM
+1 - I love that idea.
12/7/2016 1:31 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 12/7/2016 1:31:00 PM (view original):
+1 - I love that idea.
+1
12/7/2016 1:59 PM
Wish we could fire our asst coaches
12/7/2016 11:09 PM
Posted by willowcards2 on 12/7/2016 11:09:00 PM (view original):
Wish we could fire our asst coaches
Lol In Donald Trump voice YOU FIRED!!!
12/7/2016 11:11 PM
Extortion?
12/8/2016 2:53 AM
we could just do this ourselves - start a thread now and then about new messages on a specific topic, even without WIS endorsement - they might like some of the results and use them. It would, I think, be a cool way for them to engage with customers if they were to encourage it.
12/10/2016 4:41 PM
New message after championship Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.