Running vs Passing Topic

Can you win championships by primarily running the ball?
12/7/2016 9:33 PM
Most current champion is Oklahoma in Rockne. Had a RB go for 3600 yards rushing and 49 TDs on the season. Title game playcalling was 59 runs to 35 passes.
12/7/2016 9:45 PM
It has been a while, but think I still hold the record in D1AA for yards rushing and TD's but can't remember what world it was. It was a team I picked up from partyrock for a short while. I made it to the NC game,but unfortunately lost. I think it was like 80 TD's and over 7k rushing. Is there a way to check records from different worlds if your not currently in that world?
12/8/2016 2:28 PM
I'll tell anyone that will listen... I won a NC at Texas A&M only running the ball. Had a crap sim qb too.
12/9/2016 2:05 AM
For the most part: lower levels...yes. 1-A, probably not. i am going to keep trying though.
12/9/2016 5:59 PM
Posted by chrondon84 on 12/9/2016 2:05:00 AM (view original):
I'll tell anyone that will listen... I won a NC at Texas A&M only running the ball. Had a crap sim qb too.
This is a very important statement. Pay attention.
12/9/2016 6:30 PM
I am no expert. I used to play back in the day of run every down no matter what. I came back last December and proceeded to build a running team. I have been toying recently with building a passing team. My thought, and I have heard this before around here is this: build the team the you want-Running or Passing but what it comes down to is having players. If you don't have the talent, you wont' be able to win in the playoffs or bowl games. The big thing is you can't expect to compete right away, especially if you are taking over a team with sim recruits. You have to commit to the process of building/recruiting players that will fit your scheme.
12/9/2016 7:03 PM
sounds like college football to me
12/9/2016 9:19 PM
Thank you for the feedback. Do you want strength or speed and elusiveness in your number 1 back?
12/11/2016 4:45 PM
This is how I rate a RB. Elu>Str>Ath>Spd
12/11/2016 4:53 PM
Based on my personal findings I have found that a NC can be won with #1, a STRONG defense and #2, an Offense that is not only Strong but also is not prone to turning the ball over. Statistically I have found that fumbles per play occur more than interceptions, therefore until things change I will continue to throw, throw and throw again!!! Unfortunately this is TOTALLY against my way of thinking because I am of the belief that only 3 things happen when you throw a forward pass, and only one of them is GOOD!. If I could develop an offensive game plan that would run the ball and limit the turnovers I would do that in an instant, however as I mentioned before, the turnover rate running the ball is greater than passing with a "Quality" QB!
12/11/2016 7:35 PM
I agree with awags in his RB ratings, however I put them in a different order. Spd>Str>Ath>Elu

bwags!!
12/11/2016 7:45 PM
I just go for one attribute in a rb - Durability - Because it is SO important in this game ; roflmao !
12/12/2016 1:41 AM
I make a point of always recruiting at least one RB with high tackling. I then place him in my victory formation to insure no missed tackles if there is a fluke fumble.
3/4/2017 2:12 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 12/11/2016 10:40:00 PM (view original):
i believe that is what they call Damning with faint praise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x81iip6psks

You still there Ace?
3/4/2017 2:29 PM
12 Next ▸
Running vs Passing Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.