Round 2 Standings Topic

I think when someone else wins next year, it will have less luster with what is arguably the GOAT not participating. I myself would like to see you reconsider your participation as long as we still give you a good challenge.

"To be the best, you must beat the best"
2/2/2017 12:05 PM
Thanks for the kind words Waitnsee, and for sharing your draft strategies in the forum. Plenty to learn from. I should probably post the same for the second round but that depends on how much I can actually remember. I know the $120 league in particular was all guesswork, surprised I built a competent team.

I'm with buddhagamer that I'd welcome you back. And despite your modesty I don't think luck has much to do with it. Luck maybe settles game 7 of a playoff series, but luck certainly doesn't win three tournaments in a row, or place all 12 teams in the playoffs.

Great job running the tournament, schwarze. My first two ever draft leagues–something I probably won't do again anytime soon, maybe round 2 of next year's tournament if I get that far. But it was fun giving it a go.
2/2/2017 6:33 PM
The prizes should have been distributed.
2/2/2017 8:38 PM
schwarze, thanks for running a great tournament. Though I don't don't have much of a presence and don't play much on the site these days, I always look forward to the WISC. The themes are always a lot of fun and you do a fantastic job putting it all together!

And thanks to the great owners that particate. It's great to compete against the best players and share in everyone's emotional ups and downs throughout it all.

Congrats, Waitnsee! You clearly understand how this game works better than the rest of us. Hopefully, some of us will remember next summer to go back and read your marvelous writeup before building our teams! Maybe I'll finally figure out how to navigate one of those drafts correctly. If anyone in this year's tourney got lucky, it was me. I managed to sneak a lot of mediocre teams into the playoffs that really didn't deserve to be there. I probably should have finished closer to 15th!
2/2/2017 11:50 PM
â—‚ Prev 12345
Round 2 Standings Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.