Won as High vs Very High Topic

Posted by tarvolon on 12/8/2016 10:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 12/8/2016 3:42:00 PM (view original):
The "wants rebuild" preference is still stupid. I guess there are a few real world kids who actively want to play for any ol' bad team that will have them, regardless of PT or distance or anything else, but that number is disappearingly small.

I know, not everything needs to be "realistic", but this one is uniquely silly.
I pitched seble on changing "wants rebuild" (translation: wants a bad team) to "wants rebuild" (translation: wants a new coach), which would make a lot more sense. A lot of people IRL love jumping onboard with the exciting new hire, even if the team is terrible and the coach isn't actually good (source: I'm a Tennessee football fan and remember 2014 pretty well). He didn't bite.
I like your idea Tarv. Someone had success at D2 or at low D1, moves to a better situation and attracks players.
12/9/2016 7:59 AM
Posted by tarvolon on 12/8/2016 10:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 12/8/2016 3:42:00 PM (view original):
The "wants rebuild" preference is still stupid. I guess there are a few real world kids who actively want to play for any ol' bad team that will have them, regardless of PT or distance or anything else, but that number is disappearingly small.

I know, not everything needs to be "realistic", but this one is uniquely silly.
I pitched seble on changing "wants rebuild" (translation: wants a bad team) to "wants rebuild" (translation: wants a new coach), which would make a lot more sense. A lot of people IRL love jumping onboard with the exciting new hire, even if the team is terrible and the coach isn't actually good (source: I'm a Tennessee football fan and remember 2014 pretty well). He didn't bite.
I agree - I think that a new coach should be a preference, if the coach has a good reputation. Or perhaps there should be a coach success preference, because if Dean Smith or Rick Pitino went to a new school, they would definitely attract players. Now, in many cases they would be penalized by the wants long term coach preference.
12/9/2016 8:00 AM
new coach is a good idea

how about wanting to go to a place where the record is improving - call it upward momentum or something?

I doubt that there are many kids who want to go to places that have terrible records - but a school with an upward trend in success is attractive - even if it was 5 wins, then 8, then 12......I think

12/9/2016 8:38 AM
but this is all distraction from preferences like party school, great skiing, hot girls, phoney classes and lax academic standards.....
12/9/2016 8:40 AM
12/9/2016 1:33 PM
what Weis is doing is offering playing time
12/9/2016 1:42 PM
◂ Prev 12
Won as High vs Very High Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.