This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Meant that it would be nice to go back to 2014 HD, and make incremental changes. But we can't put the toothpaste back in the tube, can we? The new team will have to do a major rewrite.
12/9/2016 2:21 PM
Spud, many veteran players do not think so--many have left. And it has to mean something that the primary agent of the changes has moved on leaving a work in progress. Recognize that you have been one of the prime defenders of the changes, but your attitude has to be affected by the departure of Seble.
There is so much more work to be done before this game is even close to where it was a couple of years ago, let alone improved.
12/9/2016 6:00 PM
People dont always change jobs when a major project is 2/3 done. BUT, its a free country and seble had the total right to bail. For all we know, he wanted to leave months earlier and WIS convinced him to stay as long as he stayed. No way to know. My personal view is that his rewrite was the Operation Market Garden of WIS, but thats just an opinion.
12/9/2016 9:20 PM
please provide links for every opinion you offer

he left before the beta was done and in my opinion he handled about 2/3 of what should have been done to make 3.0 a fully formed and effective new game

12/9/2016 10:18 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/9/2016 6:03:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, it means he found a job that paid more. Or was in a nicer city. Or any of a hundred other reasons. People change jobs.
link please
12/9/2016 10:19 PM
Posted by mamxet on 12/9/2016 10:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/9/2016 6:03:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, it means he found a job that paid more. Or was in a nicer city. Or any of a hundred other reasons. People change jobs.
link please
Fox offered him a buyout and he took it. This is covered in tz's pinned Dev Chat etc. thread.
12/9/2016 10:35 PM
Of course, WIS did not say it was 2/3 done, but I think that is about right in terms of what I would have hoped from the update.

There are a bunch of great ideas and a lot of progress in 3.0, but stopping when it did left important work incomplete in my opinion also.

WIS declared it done, so it is done with promises of minor tweaks. It is their product - we are just customers.
12/10/2016 8:56 AM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.