Best/Favorite Offense and Defenses Topic

You sure it was just one beer Wardo?
12/12/2016 8:23 PM
Posted by Benis on 12/12/2016 8:23:00 PM (view original):
You sure it was just one beer Wardo?
Yes lol!
12/12/2016 8:24 PM
Triangle/Zone with a close second going to Triangle/Zone.
12/12/2016 9:57 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 12/12/2016 6:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gillispie1 on 12/12/2016 6:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bk41129 on 12/8/2016 8:26:00 PM (view original):
I just took over a bad San Diego State team and was wondering whether or not I should switch up the Off and Def. I took a look at the most common offenses and defenses at the D1 level across several worlds and Man/motion was the clear favorite. Flex/man and triangle/man were in second but it was very close. The other combinations were pretty low in numbers. I was thinking about man/motion. I also read something about running press to try and make big time programs go into their bench when they can really only go 8 or 9 deep. Any thoughts?
What offenses and defenses are your favorites at each or any level?
As a mid-major DI school, what do you guys think I should do?
hmm, my old answer would be, anything but man (offense barely matters - except fb). can't beat the big boys at their own game, not with all their built in advantages. but i have no idea in new HD if the big boys have built in advantages anymore? hell maybe the sd st team you took is an a+ elite in their own right. well, you did say mid major... my guess is still, you are better off going press or zone, press and focusing on depth, which would let you make more of the players you can get, or zone, where you can go for those studs who like zone against higher prestige teams, focus your money (or whatever its called now) on fewer players AND be able to better tolerate it when the RNG goes against you on winning a player - because you can run 8 men and still field a full team, if its the right 8.

in short, i'm sure the rationale behind playing press/zone and how you play them has changed at least slightly - but probably not enough to change the overall answer.
No the fastbreak/press team doesn't have a advantage anymore only if they focus on recruting early and on time. I kinda had a beer today so excuse my mistakes. I was trying to forget what ninatic did to us (customers) today as the "MORE POKEMON" is Pichu, Togepi, and a limited edition Pikachu that I have 2 on the same day that it came out. I was hoping for legendaries today.
What the fcuk is a limited edition Pikachu? What the fcuk is a Pokemon?

I like triange and a zone/press combo. Everyone craps all over the combo defense but I have had good success with it in all divisions. The triangle lets you focus on 2-3 stud scorers and the press/zone rewards athleticism/spd while hiding some slight def/reb deficiencies. I have found that when recruiting high Ath/Reb/Def/blk bigs and Spd/Def guards I only need 2-3 real offensive threats because the defense is ungodly.

12/13/2016 10:03 PM
I've tried to leverage zone at low D1 for years, mostly based on gil's starting argument and building my own, but trying a press if you can fill a roster and leverage new shot clock/amt of possessions might be interesting. FB/Press had been very dominant at lower levels, but the thought was you couldn't beat a stacked powerhouse motion/man in the NT at D1, which maybe isn't true anymore in 3.0? But you'd be even more tied to having a full roster, which I still haven't figured out how to do in 3.0

In 2.0 I was pretty convinced that triangle/zone was the way to go and work around the margins, but I did FB/zone before and it worked pretty well when you get the kids for it
12/14/2016 2:40 AM
◂ Prev 12
Best/Favorite Offense and Defenses Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.