Workin’ on the Chain Gang (Full - wait list) Topic

Workin’ on the Chain Gang

If you are Chuck you play the sim not only for the camaraderie but because there is the thrill of victory (175 cups). For me, it is the camaraderie plus the challenge of the draft. I love drafting teams. Often times, even though I have no initial intention of joining a league, I will try drafting a team or 5 just to see how challenging it is and whether I could draft a team that I feel might be competitive. If that is the case, often I will join the league, only to find out, it wasn’t.

So, for those who, like me, love a draft that will test your drafting skills, I have just the league for you! The premise is simple, getting a team you will be happy with may be more difficult.

I call it the “Workin’ on the Chain Gang”. It is simple (not easy). You start by drafting 4 centres, 4 left wings, 4 right wins, 6 d-men, followed by either 2 or 3 scrubs, followed by 2 or 3 goalies. You MUST draft in that order!!! Yes, I know, probably the same way many draft now, especially if, like me, you use Excel. But here’s the catch, the chain part. Draft your initial centre. The 2nd centre’s surname MUST start with the last letter of your first centre's name. Then the 3rd centre drafted must start with the last letter of the 2nd centre's name. Hence, the chain effect.

You MUST draft in the order above (C, LW, RW, D, scrubs, G). Also, before you enter your team, send me a copy of your draft in that order, for checking. (See example below) If it is compliant, your team can be entered. On the surface this sounds fairly straightforward and it is, however, one slip say when drafting a LW and all players drafted afterward will not be compliant. I tested it out and it is a challenge, believe me.

Please be advised---> You may draft (C, RW, LW , D, scrubs, G), or (C, LW, RW , D, scrubs, G). It does not matter to me, provided the chain remains consistent through the forwards.

So who is game??? Limit 2 teams per owner. Salary cap is $110 million. No shootouts, no ML’ers, no trades, no lasting injuries or suspensions, no clones and all scrubs must be at $165k.

One thing I guaranteed. Mario Lemieux will NOT be on anyone’s team!

Example team:

Dionne, Esposito, Oates, Sakic
Crowder, Richard, Dornhoefer, Redmond
Deadmarsh, Hull, LeClair, Robert
Timmonen, Niinimaa, Ashbee, Edler, Redmond, Doughty
York, Kerr, Richards
Schneider, Roloson.
12/12/2016 8:36 PM (edited)
Here I am lurking around the forums and see gollum starts a new, challenging theme league. I always hope for something like the rule of 5 or the 24 rules leagues, but those would never fill these days. Of course I will join this even though I draft LW before RW.
12/11/2016 11:01 PM
I'm in
12/11/2016 11:21 PM
The Daring Ones: "C" denotes checked and compliant, (E) denotes entered the league.

1. donaldjl (C) (E)
2. lunchpail33 (C) (E)
3. chuck (C) (E)
4. bradpark (C) (E)
5 BlueBladeAce
6 lostnfound74
7. zero1940 (C) (E)
8. cpetsche (C) (E)
9. taybaijor (C) (E)
10. jmerch (C) (E)
11. the _jsa (C) (E)
12. gollum (E) (C)
13. gollum (E) (C)
14. zero1940 (C) (E)
15. Poddy
16. kiteport (C)
17. bradpark (C) (E)
18. beeb (C) (E)
19. metalmaster (C) (E)
20. the skipper (C) (E)
21. chuck (C) (E)
22. metalmaster (C) (E)
23. jmerch (C) (E)
24. Buster05 (C) (E)

Accepting name for waiting list, just in case. Wait listed: pepsinp37, dairn
12/18/2016 12:36 AM (edited)
Thanks guys. Have fun.
12/11/2016 11:25 PM
A Random Roster, where the team is already drafted for you this is not. Right now it appears this is going over like a pregnant pole vaulter.
12/12/2016 11:21 AM
Just saw this Mike. And although I look pregnant, I've never vaulted a pole, unless trying to jump **** Zychowski counts! (Man was she a cutie!)
You bet I'm game!
12/12/2016 3:17 PM
in...and i wasn't anywhere near the polevaulter.......
12/12/2016 3:37 PM
LOL to both Sapheads. I guarantee it will be a fun draft. And btw, Scott, don't you dare stop my streak in the RR league. I am undefeated in 8 (5-0-3) and while you can spare the 2 pts, I want to catch and pass Chris and beeb. So, please be gentle this evening.
12/12/2016 4:31 PM
I'm a Glutton for punishment and will put a team in under myself and BlueBladeAce. Maybe you could give us a league number, get the cap bumped; and we can go from there. This way you can check us without doing site mail and etc. There are no scrubs under $165m btw. I assume you mean the all have to be 165m and so we are good. I am drafting just two because I will roll with three goalies
12/12/2016 7:13 PM (edited)
I do the same with 3 goalies often myself. And yes, my bad, it should read AT 165k. Thanks. I will get a league number and get the cap bumped up once we are half full. I would prefer you send me the sitemail because once you draft the team it is much more difficult to check for compliance. So please stick with the sitemail as per the example team. Thanks, and welcome.
12/12/2016 8:34 PM
Please change your ad subtitle to 8 brave ones. Gracias.
12/12/2016 9:08 PM
And then there were nine.
12/12/2016 9:25 PM
Welcome, Chris and Randy. T'is a fun draft. Thanks for joining.
12/12/2016 10:18 PM
in
12/13/2016 12:15 AM
1234 Next ▸
Workin’ on the Chain Gang (Full - wait list) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.