WIS support staff inquiry Topic

Can we all bond together to make a wish list for when the new update comes out?

Heres my wish list:

- Injuries
- Behavior/Suspensions/School probation
- Transfers (If you don't keep your promise and he decides to transfer he decides to look into schools he previously narrowed down. Allowed to accept or reject incoming transfers)
- Junior college database
- Easier to convert players to other positions early (FR and SO years. TE should make good WR or OL. WR should make project DB's, etc)
- $7.99 per season (creates better turnover and crowded worlds)
- Trips formation with 4 WR's
- Trick play tab (5-10% successful or a turnover)
- Better booster gifts settings (70% chance of getting caught)
- Final 4 for BCS like current settings
- Small fun helmet options next to the headlines, next to school names (instead of only Virginia Tech Institute or whatever have that plus a little VT Revo speed helmet next to it. Or in some VS tabs.
- Less elite school power (Baylor can possibly out recruit Texas)
- More aggressive firing options
- Less aggressive firing options for less successful programs
- Option for D3 coaches to use coaching D2 settings (more flexibility)
- Some recruits (50 or so) from different countries
- Better simulation engine (Texas can't beat North Texas 117-7)
12/16/2016 5:28 PM
A lot of good ideas but "- Trips formation with 4 WR's"

Is there such a thing? Wouldn't that be Quads.
12/16/2016 5:35 PM
Maybe they can implement that formation in Leahy only.
12/16/2016 6:14 PM
Posted by AlekTx2015 on 12/16/2016 5:28:00 PM (view original):

Heres my wish list:

- Injuries
- Transfers (If you don't keep your promise and he decides to transfer he decides to look into schools he previously narrowed down. Allowed to accept or reject incoming transfers)
- Easier to convert players to other positions early (FR and SO years. TE should make good WR or OL. WR should make project DB's, etc)
- Small fun helmet options next to the headlines, next to school names (instead of only Virginia Tech Institute or whatever have that plus a little VT Revo speed helmet next to it. Or in some VS tabs.
Nice job, Alek!

Although there are certainly those out there with an exact opposite viewpoint, I am all for the first two items...anything that adds to realism and enhances both coaching strategy and the importance of roster depth is alright with me!
Love the idea of the helmets but this would likely be difficult due to licensing issues. I am guessing that is why our teams are never referred to by their nicknames...which would be great to see as well.
Not sure about enhanced player position conversions -- that would seem to de-emphasize much of the work that currently goes into recruiting and/or might simply make Potential even more important.

Another item that I believe needs some programming tweaks is the "Vegas line" for each game. I recall instances in the playoffs where every single road team has been favored(?)...and yet all of them lost.

Finally, while I understand the incentive for (and importance of) playing against difficult opponents, I still feel there is a BIT too much emphasis placed on Strength Of Schedule when determining the WIS rankings.
12/16/2016 7:41 PM
Posted by AlekTx2015 on 12/16/2016 5:28:00 PM (view original):

Heres my wish list:

- Injuries

Injuries. I don't pay good money for a game just to have my team tank with injuries. Was in place in the past and was taken out because of this reason.

Behavior/Suspensions/School probation. All were part of the game at one time. Behavior/ suspend a player a number of games for team infraction,make him run laps, kick him off the team/ ETC. When you have 1/5 or more of your players F***ing up you will break your team enough that it will cost you games and a chance for that pie in the sky. If you are not fair with handing out discipline. Such as giving a FR a stonger punishment than a SR starter. You start losing players.//// Still in Effect- School probation is doled out for bribes(booster gifts) given to Recruits and accepted by them. First infraction is player suspended # of games/second time around the school is on probation/third time around the school is suspended for playoff games or Bowl Games.)

Player conversion/Was part of the game but it was really easy for Bigger teams to recruit all of the better players and convert them to what ever player that they needed at the time leaving all of the other teams with lousy players and nothing to convert that made any difference to their teams. This was taken out of the game for this reason and making really hard for any one to convert a player.

$$$$$ They will never drop the price. Believe me. It only goes up.

More aggressive firing options? Why would you do that to your self or is it OK unless it happens to you?

Better simulation engine. They already tweaked the engine a couple of years ago and Texas can still beat North Texas 117 -7.

Note; This is a WIS game (FOX SPORTS) and the guys that put in place way back when got caned, same for the next generation, and I doubt that the new guys really do not know much about football to make this a Class game but may know enough to listen to the game coaches that do.

There use to be a council of game coaches that would be useful in getting changes but as far as I know they were disbanded a while ago.

Sorry if I sound like Debbie Downer ( :-) ) but just don't get your hopes up. WIS really doesn't like to listen to any one.

12/18/2016 6:05 PM (edited)
Lol next update. Dreamer.
12/16/2016 10:34 PM
The "Behavior etc." thing has been tried before and was a complete disaster with zero entertainment value. Never, never, never again.
12/16/2016 10:54 PM
Some pretty good ideas, overall. IDK about the JUCO thing but I guess that makes it more realistic
12/17/2016 12:20 AM
Isn't trips with a single outside receiver and 3 receivers on the other side? Unless I'm thinking their should be a slot receiver tab and consider those receivers on the inside as slots.
12/17/2016 10:30 AM
I wasn't here before all of that. I've only been here for the past 12 seasons so it's pretty cool to hear how it worked or didn't work in previous engines.
12/17/2016 10:31 AM
There are personnel groupings and there are formations. Trips the personnel grouping would be 3 WR on the field. Trips the formation would 3 WR to one side. Obviously the names of the groupings can differ from team to team, and the names of the formations will differ as well based on what guys are going where. For example, sometimes you may split the TE out with 2 WR, or you might put the TE opposite the 3 WR. Not that any of that matters in this game. He just wants the shotgun formation but replace the TE with a RB.
12/17/2016 3:57 PM
That could easily be fixed by letting us play guys out of position on the depth charts. Passing all the time? Put a WR at TE. Move a DB down to LB.
12/17/2016 4:05 PM
No injuries. Not enough roster depth to handle multiple injuries at multiple positions.
12/17/2016 7:26 PM
Injuries where bad business when they where in the game before. I had my top two runningbacks go down in the same game. If they brought injuries back would have to allow for bigger rosters i.e. more recruits per year and the ability to have more redshirts. That's my 2 cents.

I would love to see added to the game JUNCO transfers at the D1 level.
I would also love to see or have the ability to fully customize your formations such as build your own with some of the new formations being drawn up in the NFL and CFB(such as offset pistol, stacked backfield, 5 wide)
12/17/2016 9:27 PM
I liked the game when there injuries and team infraction. It made the game more realistic.
12/18/2016 2:24 PM
123 Next ▸
WIS support staff inquiry Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.