Mid Major winning Championship? Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 1/17/2017 9:10:00 PM (view original):
Here's the thing(and I'm going to check out tonight):

Some folks put way too much importance to their standing in the sim game community. They feel that they've accomplished things that shouldn't be questioned or mocked. That their opinions have more validity than less accomplished users. I could go on but I'm sure you get my point.

Some folks are just looking for a diversion. This needs to be fun or they're going to find something else. I could go on but I'm sure you get my point.

So here's where we are: You've joined my conference and somehow or another think I should be concerned. I've said, several times, that I'd rather be in a conference with humans. I stepped up the "trolling" last time we rolled. No one took the bait. Now, if you come in and win, good for you. But you've put yourself in position to be mocked mercilessly by me if you don't(you already have the best team before you've done a thing). That will bother you. However, if you crush me, oh well, I haven't done very well anyway. It's no win for your self-important HD ***.

But, and this is what I truly hope, you'll come in and get a better understanding about HD "accomplishments". And you might learn that there are other ways to enjoy the game than fret over every little aspect of it. Or, after a few seasons, you may still be a self-important *****. But let's hope not.
TL DR
1/17/2017 11:18 PM
You read every word I post. Otherwise, you would have simply left me on block as you so proudly announced a couple of months ago. Dipshit.

BTW, I had to look up "TL DR" as I understand this is the internet and don't take it quite as seriously as some. I haven't bothered to learn all the cutesy internet responses.
1/18/2017 6:58 AM
Posted by snafu4u on 1/18/2017 12:24:00 AM (view original):
I don't get the part where I am self important. I have clearly stated several times that my accomplishments pale in comparison to the good coaches. I just don't like how you roll. You are a willfully ignorant, arrogant, douchenozzle. Your can't get out of your own way yet try to tell others what's up. My only goal is coming in and making your coaching life harder. You pay for this game. I do not.
Yes, that $6 a month breaks my bank account. But you still don't get it. You think joining my conference makes a difference to me(that's where self-important comes in). It really doesn't other than you'll be a human rather than sim. Which is what I want.

So dense.
1/18/2017 7:04 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/18/2017 6:58:00 AM (view original):
You read every word I post. Otherwise, you would have simply left me on block as you so proudly announced a couple of months ago. Dipshit.

BTW, I had to look up "TL DR" as I understand this is the internet and don't take it quite as seriously as some. I haven't bothered to learn all the cutesy internet responses.
Man you're so cool. I picture mike hanging out by his '78 Firebird in a cut off Lynyrd Skynryd T shirt smoking Camel Joe cigs.
1/18/2017 7:27 AM
1/18/2017 7:49 AM
Posted by Benis on 1/18/2017 7:27:00 AM (view original):

Man you're so cool. I picture mike hanging out by his '78 Firebird in a cut off Lynyrd Skynryd T shirt smoking Camel Joe cigs.
Lynyrd Skynyrd rules. You can give me all the **** you want but, if you start dissing Skynyrd, I will hunt you down and burn your cars.
1/18/2017 8:36 AM

"don't take it quite as seriously as some"

...yet he LIVES on the forums. How ironic.
1/18/2017 8:44 AM
Go troll spud. You're better at it than rational discussion.

It's funny how the users with A+ schools all agree that A+ schools should have all advantages in recruiting yet still claim "It's good for the game." Go play your video games on easy. You don't want competition.
1/18/2017 8:54 AM
Posted by mullycj on 1/18/2017 8:44:00 AM (view original):

"don't take it quite as seriously as some"

...yet he LIVES on the forums. How ironic.
Yeah Mully, go make fun of Mike's twin and stop pointing out things that all of us were already thinking.
1/18/2017 10:07 AM
OMG!!! You guys don't like me. What will I ever do!??!?!?!?!?
1/18/2017 10:34 AM
Yep - the loser still cant face the fact that despite all the odds stacked against us we were all able to go from lowly DIII to DII to low DI to Big 6 and to A+.

Jeeze ....and that was all under 2.0 where it was impossible to overtake the "current establishment" back then (you know ...the time he quit because he couldn't hack it). Funny how twatwaffle (my new favorite name) and Spudhole both started posting from out of nowhere at the same time too...lol
1/18/2017 10:44 AM
Well, I'm almost positive I quit under 1.0. I could point out how I got better each year at VaTech(I think 16-12 when I decided to spend my free time with HBD) but that's rather pointless. And while your HD accomplishments are something to marvel, it's not really relevant to why your kind aren't fond of me.

The problem you(the collective) have with me is that I don't think you're entitled to stake a claim on a player, do minimal recruiting and just have him handed to you because you're A+. It makes for a bad game. I'm not sure you recognize that or, maybe, you do but just want the easiest path to success now that you've climbed the mountain. Either way, we're not going to agree. Success should be hard. Sustained success even harder.

And, yeah, I disagree with spud as much as I disagree with you. I've been around forever. I just happened to start playing HD again in November. Unlike some, I don't post in forums of the games I don't play. So, pretending that he and I are one and the same is just plain dumb. But, if it makes you feel better, go ahead.
1/18/2017 10:52 AM
Let's put it this way.

I was destroying my HBD leagues early. 100-110 wins every season. Playoffs every season. I got bored with it pretty quickly. So I created two worlds with experience/success level requirements. I'm not destroying my competition anymore. Do you know why I did it? I actually prefer a game where more people can win. Where the playing field is somewhat on equal footing. The cream will always rise. It's just harder when the starting point is similar.
1/18/2017 10:55 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/18/2017 10:55:00 AM (view original):
Let's put it this way.

I was destroying my HBD leagues early. 100-110 wins every season. Playoffs every season. I got bored with it pretty quickly. So I created two worlds with experience/success level requirements. I'm not destroying my competition anymore. Do you know why I did it? I actually prefer a game where more people can win. Where the playing field is somewhat on equal footing. The cream will always rise. It's just harder when the starting point is similar.
1/18/2017 11:10 AM
That's pretty indicative of how I feel about all simgame accomplishments. But you seem to live and die with your HD success. Sad that you don't see the difference.
1/18/2017 11:22 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸
Mid Major winning Championship? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.