Mid Major winning Championship? Topic

Yes, but unless I'm missing something, St. John's is not a mid-major. They're from the Big East.

Rice is the only mid-major still standing. That said, it should have been San Fran in my place. What a terrific team ardthomp built!
2/3/2017 3:06 PM
Oh crap. Duh. My bad.

You've had a great run shafty, I'll be cheering for you. Really well coaches squad.
2/3/2017 3:44 PM
Good luck Shafty. I would love to see a mid major win it all. (now that we have been eliminated at GA Tech).
2/3/2017 11:44 PM
Video game 2nd round

yawn
2/4/2017 8:30 AM
Too bad - No championship in Tark. One to watch, which would be really kind of funny if it happened is in Phelan. Sacramento State is #2 now. The part that would make it pretty funny is that the coach is theonlyis who was probably the loudest detractor of 3.0 when it was being rolled out, before he got banned from posting. I'm guessing he has changed his opinion, since he still has 10 teams under that screen name. It would be kind of funny if he turned out to be the first coach to win a title in 3.0 as a mid major.
2/4/2017 8:31 AM
It won't be long, some really good mid majors being built, and 3.0 has definitely helped. I was opposed at first but I kinda like it now.
2/4/2017 8:42 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by mm_harmon on 2/4/2017 8:42:00 AM (view original):
It won't be long, some really good mid majors being built, and 3.0 has definitely helped. I was opposed at first but I kinda like it now.
I like it too. In the MWC in Crum, we have 11 teams, and it looks like 6 or 7 will make the NT. Really we have 10 teams, but someone has taken Utah for next year, so we only have Texas Southern left. Hoping someone will take that one. The conference is 4th in Conference RPI. We have some very good coaches, so we are hoping to be one of the dominant conferences, which would also be a cool twist from the way it used to be. That used to be very rare. I think the WCC. In Tark, CUSA is #2 and the MWC is #3 in Conference RPI, and the MVC is #7. All three are ahead of the SEC and ACC.
2/4/2017 10:21 AM
to be fair, a lot of the shuffle in conference RPI is due to the wider spread of sim teams all around. when those sim teams have an "up" year, you get the MWC in Tark overachieving in RPI. after all, the MWC only sent 2 teams to the NT--pretty weak for the #3 league. in HD2, this meant the MWC might finish ahead of one "big six" league but now the effect is inflated. the MWC has some quality teams but it is not a strong conference.

CUSA, though, is a power! 5 NT bids, a final 4 team, 3 ranked teams, and more human-coached teams than almost everybody else.
2/4/2017 11:53 AM
Posted by mm_harmon on 2/4/2017 8:30:00 AM (view original):
Video game 2nd round

yawn
Make sure you brush your teeth before you fall asleep.
2/4/2017 12:55 PM
Sacramento State is in the Sweet 16 in Phelan and is ranked #1. It would be kind of paradoxical if they were the first Mid-Major to win a title, since theonlyis is their coach and he was super outspoken, to put it mildly, about the 3.0 update.

Army, coached by Franklynne is also in the Sweet 16, but the other 14 teams are Big 6 teams.
2/8/2017 4:31 PM
He won't win but he has a hell of a team. But some big six are too tough.
2/8/2017 4:33 PM
I would be surprised if Army won another game in Phelan.

Sacramento St. has a good team. I think they get by Fresno St, but not sure how much further than can go after that.
2/8/2017 4:42 PM
If my LSU team can get by Colorado, and Sacramento State beats Fresno State, we will play them in the Elite 8. My game is a bit of a longshot in my opinion though.
2/8/2017 5:30 PM
looks like most of the top mid-majors in Tark jumped to big 6 teams. that was a big coaching change cycle!
2/9/2017 7:51 AM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7 Next ▸
Mid Major winning Championship? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.