Participation Trophies Topic

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=498443

Where do I collect mine? Someone has forgotten about me for 14 seasons and I'm here to collect!
12/20/2016 9:09 PM
We left it on the field for you TD, someone must have turned the lights out lol. I don't get into baited discussion like that, it always reminds me of those childish schoolyard spats or one of those "he said-she said" arguments ha ha. I have enough drama in day to day life without going out looking for more, and I'm certainly not going to lower myself down to the level where envy, jealousy, and wantonness dwell.
12/21/2016 12:57 AM
I would like to say that I have also not received a participation trophy. Surely 36 mediocre seasons is worth at least a printed certificate with the words "3rd Best Badminton Team" hastily scratched out and my (misspelled) name written on it.
12/21/2016 6:21 AM
I need mine also.

I guess if your goal is "don't get fired" that's as good as a participation trophy, right???
12/21/2016 4:51 PM
I get an email every season that says "Thanks for participating..."

shortly followed by "Pete won another NC" and "give us more money"... I thought that was the GD equivalent
12/22/2016 12:27 AM
I'm starting to get the feeling like there isn't a participation trophy and that Alek character was just spewing out random insults... hmmmm... could it be true....
12/22/2016 1:07 AM
Posted by pete_61 on 12/21/2016 12:57:00 AM (view original):
We left it on the field for you TD, someone must have turned the lights out lol. I don't get into baited discussion like that, it always reminds me of those childish schoolyard spats or one of those "he said-she said" arguments ha ha. I have enough drama in day to day life without going out looking for more, and I'm certainly not going to lower myself down to the level where envy, jealousy, and wantonness dwell.
Pete is like a wise old Monk who has mastered GD and my respect for him grows every time I read a new thoughtful and wise comment.

As I do generally agree with you Pete I can't say I was baited. I deffinilty knew the type of responses I would get from the troll but I couldn't resist the entertainment and letting him make himself look dumb. Now the entertainment value has worn off and it's just getting sad. There for I will be joining your Monasterie and training at your feet. Please show me the way Master Pete. You are our only hope... (wrong master?) Wax on wax off... (he was a Monk right)

But honestly congrats on another NC! It is an honor to play with you and talk to you!
12/22/2016 1:21 AM
Posted by truedevil33 on 12/22/2016 1:21:00 AM (view original):
Pete is like a wise old Monk who has mastered GD and my respect for him grows every time I read a new thoughtful and wise comment.

As I do generally agree with you Pete I can't say I was baited. I deffinilty knew the type of responses I would get from the troll but I couldn't resist the entertainment and letting him make himself look dumb. Now the entertainment value has worn off and it's just getting sad. There for I will be joining your Monasterie and training at your feet. Please show me the way Master Pete. You are our only hope... (wrong master?) Wax on wax off... (he was a Monk right)

But honestly congrats on another NC! It is an honor to play with you and talk to you!
Enter at the straight gate and follow the narrow path my son, and you will sing a new song and receive a new name and all things will be revealed to you. But beware the evil one, for he waits in the way for unwary sojourners like a ravenous wolf, always ready to rip out their joy and steal their crowns.
12/22/2016 9:35 AM
Posted by pete_61 on 12/22/2016 9:35:00 AM (view original):

Enter at the straight gate and follow the narrow path my son, and you will sing a new song and receive a new name and all things will be revealed to you. But beware the evil one, for he waits in the way for unwary sojourners like a ravenous wolf, always ready to rip out their joy and steal their crowns.
Do I have to shave my head?
12/22/2016 6:08 PM
No.but you can't speak a word for three years.
12/22/2016 10:12 PM

Pete, what a blessing it is to have you in our game.
12/22/2016 11:35 PM
Posted by babcick on 12/22/2016 10:12:00 PM (view original):
No.but you can't speak a word for three years.
I think that rule probably should have been extended in your case Jeff.
12/23/2016 2:49 PM
Posted by chetty1963 on 12/22/2016 11:35:00 PM (view original):

Pete, what a blessing it is to have you in our game.
The same could be said about you Chet, but I appreciate the encouragement.
12/23/2016 2:53 PM
Is Pete still in this world? Dang it. LOL
1/1/2017 3:04 PM
I thought he was moving to 1A:)
1/1/2017 8:19 PM
12 Next ▸
Participation Trophies Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.