Since the release of HD 3.0, users have requested more details about recruiting battles to better understand why a recruit signed with a certain school. Today's update includes a new feature where once a recruit has signed, teams that had a chance to sign the recruit (typically Very High and High on the considering list) will be able to see the odds they had to sign the player. This will be visible on the Considering tab of the recruit profile. We're currently only allowing this in the Iba world. If it's well received, we'll roll out to the other worlds. The objective here is for coaches to better understand the likelihood of a player signing with his/her team versus the competition after the recruiting effort they put towards a player.

Also, we're currently reviewing and working on some Early Entry improvements.
12/21/2016 11:13 AM
Very Nice, especially the EE improvements.
12/21/2016 11:16 AM
this is really interesting!

I'm not sure that my behavior would be different depending on whether I have a 35 or 37% chance of success - BUT this is a great way to educate the user base about the new architecture

thank you
12/21/2016 11:39 AM
Posted by fd343ny on 12/21/2016 11:39:00 AM (view original):

I'm not sure that my behavior would be different depending on whether I have a 35 or 37% chance of success - BUT this is a great way to educate the user base about the new architecture

thank you
I completely disagree. The whole entire point of 3.0 recruiting was to make it less of a math problem. If you're going to show coaches' cards like in a poker game, what was the point of any of this? Just to show that sometimes you'll draw a bad beat on the river?
12/21/2016 11:48 AM
Posted by kcsundevil on 12/21/2016 11:49:00 AM (view original):

thank you
I completely disagree. The whole entire point of 3.0 recruiting was to make it less of a math problem. If you're going to show coaches' cards like in a poker game, what was the point of any of this? Just to show that sometimes you'll draw a bad beat on the river?
I'm fine either way but I found this surprising too. I remember some people wanted to have this information shared and Seble was totally against sharing too much. But new regime, new ideas.

Just keep the changes coming! I like testing it out in one world and seeing how it works, this is a great idea.

Edit- thinking about this a little more. For those who don't go on the forums, this can be really helpful. I assume that it'll show the Moderate, Low and VL teams listed at 0% signing chance, right? So this could help people learn that you can't sign someone when you're at moderate and must be at least High.
12/21/2016 11:56 AM (edited)
key here is that the display will not - I hope - show the algebra that lies beneath the percentage - how prestige, effort, preferences etc created the percentage

showing that would be too much, in my opinion
12/21/2016 11:58 AM
I like it, good improvement.
12/21/2016 11:59 AM
Posted by mamxet on 12/21/2016 11:58:00 AM (view original):
key here is that the display will not - I hope - show the algebra that lies beneath the percentage - how prestige, effort, preferences etc created the percentage

showing that would be too much, in my opinion
Savvy players will take the data and reverse engineer it. There aren't that many variables to isolate.
12/21/2016 12:00 PM
Posted by Benis on 12/21/2016 11:56:00 AM (view original):

thank you
I'm fine either way but I found this surprising too. I remember some people wanted to have this information shared and Seble was totally against sharing too much. But new regime, new ideas.

Just keep the changes coming! I like testing it out in one world and seeing how it works, this is a great idea.

Edit- thinking about this a little more. For those who don't go on the forums, this can be really helpful. I assume that it'll show the Moderate, Low and VL teams listed at 0% signing chance, right? So this could help people learn that you can't sign someone when you're at moderate and must be at least High.
As it is currently, teams that did not have a chance to sign (Moderate or lower) would not see the extra column because they had 0% chance. We want it to only be visible to the teams that could actually have signed the player.
12/21/2016 12:01 PM
I have played before but now am in my third (second since 3.0) season since coming back.. I really like the new recruiting. I am not sure the fact that a Div III team can get good Div I recruits is realistic but I like the 3.0 recruiting. Recruiting has always been my favorite part of the game but especially since 3.0 came into play.
12/21/2016 2:49 PM
Posted by redhawk_514 on 12/21/2016 12:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 12/21/2016 11:56:00 AM (view original):

thank you

As it is currently, teams that did not have a chance to sign (Moderate or lower) would not see the extra column because they had 0% chance. We want it to only be visible to the teams that could actually have signed the player.
Ah okay, I misunderstood. Thought everyone would see the results.

I think this will be particularly interesting in the situations where it's something like VH v VH v H v H
12/21/2016 3:35 PM
Showing the odds is worthless ... except for the administration to deflect criticism of recruits decisions.

It changes nothing.

The fact that effort was spent on this worthless update once again validates that administration is mostly ignoring, and doing nothing about, most suggestions of improving 3.0.

ps- there are no E.E. improvements. They get accolades for just saying they are working on it?? Sheesh.
12/21/2016 6:30 PM (edited)
Posted by phalla on 12/21/2016 6:27:00 PM (view original):
Showing the odds is worthless ... except for the administration to deflect criticism of recruits decisions.

It changes nothing.

The fact that effort was spent on this worthless update once again validates that administration is mostly ignoring, and doing nothing about, most suggestions of improving 3.0.
"We want changes! Why doesn't administration ever actively make changes or respond to things?"

"I hate changes! Bring back 2.0! I miss my comfort zone!"
12/21/2016 6:29 PM
Posted by phalla on 12/21/2016 6:30:00 PM (view original):

It changes nothing.

ps- there are no E.E. improvements. They get accolades for just saying they are working on it?? Sheesh.

Patience darling, patience
12/21/2016 6:41 PM
Posted by mbriese on 12/21/2016 6:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by phalla on 12/21/2016 6:27:00 PM (view original):

It changes nothing.

"We want changes! Why doesn't administration ever actively make changes or respond to things?"

"I hate changes! Bring back 2.0! I miss my comfort zone!"
This was my first thought as well.

This is interesting. More importantly, it show the new leadership is listening and willing to take suggestions. We also have an email reminding us when recruiting starts, which some were asking for. Well done.
12/21/2016 6:43 PM
12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.