Survivor XIV: winner announced Topic

**As for playing the idol for csudak, he came to me and thought he was going home in a tribal vote. He asked me if I wanted the idol so it didn't go to waste, if he was ousted by his tribe.**

If he thought he was going home, why wouldnt he just play the idol and save himself?
4/6/2017 2:55 PM
waregl and victor - I dont understand how people can screw up reading the directions for the last couple of challenges.

Each player can only be used once - the same player was used twice........?????????
Pick the winner of the game and how many points **they will score** - North Carolina by 7.........????????

Somebody missed picking *BLOCKS*
Somebody missed picking the *winners* of the Final Four games.
And what about the time we were to pick the winners of EACH horse race?
4/6/2017 3:11 PM
Posted by grayfoxx on 4/6/2017 3:11:00 PM (view original):
waregl and victor - I dont understand how people can screw up reading the directions for the last couple of challenges.

Each player can only be used once - the same player was used twice........?????????
Pick the winner of the game and how many points **they will score** - North Carolina by 7.........????????

Somebody missed picking *BLOCKS*
Somebody missed picking the *winners* of the Final Four games.
And what about the time we were to pick the winners of EACH horse race?
I will fully admit that I was worn out from many different things going on at that point. Those last challenges that Golfpro put up were apparently too detailed for me to grasp everything. I tried my best to get it all correct, but alas I did not. Most of the time it didn't matter as I was out of those challenges anyway.
4/6/2017 3:16 PM
I didn't try to make mistakes like that Grayfoxx, I only forgot a few things toward the end because the challenges became quick and full force and when I wanted to fix it it was already posted but I noticed before it was even posted. Just it was too late.
4/6/2017 3:54 PM (edited)
You mean to tell me you didn't miss anything Grayfoxx? I saw you miss some challenges and votes before . I'm not saying anything against you but if you say you don't understand how people do it you did it
4/6/2017 3:53 PM
Posted by grayfoxx on 4/6/2017 2:55:00 PM (view original):
**As for playing the idol for csudak, he came to me and thought he was going home in a tribal vote. He asked me if I wanted the idol so it didn't go to waste, if he was ousted by his tribe.**

If he thought he was going home, why wouldnt he just play the idol and save himself?
Not to speak for go4itjim, but in regards to this, there was a restriction on the idol that you couldn't use it to save yourself. Most of the idols had little restrictions on them like that.
4/6/2017 4:16 PM
Thanks for the quick responses. All were equally terrible, victor's by far the worst(WTF does golfpro have to do with me?), but they did help me make a decision. Good luck.
4/6/2017 4:16 PM
Posted by VictorV17 on 4/6/2017 3:53:00 PM (view original):
You mean to tell me you didn't miss anything Grayfoxx? I saw you miss some challenges and votes before . I'm not saying anything against you but if you say you don't understand how people do it you did it
My missing challenges was by choice - you did it during the most important challenges we had.
4/6/2017 8:49 PM
Posted by csudak on 4/6/2017 4:16:00 PM (view original):

Not to speak for go4itjim, but in regards to this, there was a restriction on the idol that you couldn't use it to save yourself. Most of the idols had little restrictions on them like that.
That's correct. I think golfpro might have intended for the person to have to use it to save someone else, but he never said it couldn't be passed to someone else that would in turn save them.
4/6/2017 9:02 PM
Posted by go4itjim on 4/6/2017 9:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by csudak on 4/6/2017 4:16:00 PM (view original):

That's correct. I think golfpro might have intended for the person to have to use it to save someone else, but he never said it couldn't be passed to someone else that would in turn save them.
There is always the chance that the person you pass it to decides not to play it for you.
4/7/2017 12:10 AM
katzphang88 has been added to the jury and our jury of 8 is now complete.
The jury may continue to ask questions until tomorrow 8pm EST.

After that the last 3 remaining players will make their final statements in the following order (decided by go4itjim):

1. waregl72 (must be posted no earlier than Friday 8:30pm EST and no later than 10am EST on Saturday)
2. VictorV17 (may post anytime after waregl but no later than 4pm EST on Saturday)
3. go4itjim (may post anytime after Victor but no later than 10pm EST on Saturday)

In the event one of you is absent you may send your statements to me and I will post them.

Once Jim finishes with his statements then I will accept votes from the jury. The jury will vote for a winner. (vote is not for eliminating a player)

Voting deadline for jurors is Monday 6pm EST. If I have all the votes before then I will announce the winner of Survivor XIV.
4/7/2017 12:24 AM
**The jury may continue to ask questions until tomorrow 8pm EST.**

Again, you posted this on Friday 4/7, but I assume you were thinking it was still Thursday...........making tomorrow = Friday.

Suggestion: Since you like to post around midnight, dont use the term tomorrow.
Make the post say the deadline is Friday at 8 EST, not tomorrow at 8 EST.
4/7/2017 12:57 PM (edited)
Since I was added and missed much of the ins and outs of the game - I will ask a philosophical question:

If you divide your play into percentages - What percent of your time playing this games divided into 1) effort in challenges - 2) effort in strategy WITH other players 3) effort in strategy AGAINST other players.

Give some examples if you wish, but state your case for your abilities to outwit, outlast, and outplay.
4/7/2017 2:39 PM
Posted by katzphang88 on 4/7/2017 2:39:00 PM (view original):
Since I was added and missed much of the ins and outs of the game - I will ask a philosophical question:

If you divide your play into percentages - What percent of your time playing this games divided into 1) effort in challenges - 2) effort in strategy WITH other players 3) effort in strategy AGAINST other players.

Give some examples if you wish, but state your case for your abilities to outwit, outlast, and outplay.
I tried in the challenges, but my skill level wasn't very good so after awhile my percentage in challenges went down. So I would say 15%. I really sitemailed a lot with the people i was working with so i would say that it has to be pretty even between working with and against. You are clearly doing both at the same time. So 45% with and 40% against. If you think about it your alliances are really more important than the challenges are. As long as you are strong and have the numbers in the vote you won't be eliminated whether you win the challenge or not. Sometimes, you even have to vote against an alliance to stay in the game which happened to me at least once and almost twice in this game. On that note though the one time I voted against an alliance I got retribution later in the game against the person that "made me do it".
4/7/2017 2:59 PM
45, 20, 35.. I would say about half or almost half of my efforts went to looking into what the challenges consisted of but some of them I struggled with but always tried my best. I always had more of a thought of making strategy for who the next vote would be because it was important to formulate how everything was looking but I worked with others when needed in trying to get the correct amount of votes or to complete a few challenges
4/7/2017 4:52 PM
◂ Prev 1...38|39|40|41|42 Next ▸
Survivor XIV: winner announced Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.