Survivor XIV: winner announced Topic

Final Four Individual Immunity Challenge
Welcome to your final challenge! There will be a tribal council eliminating one person after this challenge and the 3 remaining players will be left for one final tribal council where the jury will decide the winner of Survivor XIV.
This will be a four part challenge contested over several days. The winner will have immunity and will be part of the final tribal council with a chance to win $1 million dollars the title of Sole Survivor. Deadline for each part will be listed at the end of each challenge description.
As winner of the last immunity challenge csudak will get to choose one part (only valid on parts I, II, or III but not IV) to receive an additional 10 percent bonus added to his total points.

Part I- NBA Confidence
There are 10 games on Wednesday. You will pick the winners and rank them in order of confidence from 10 (most) to 1 (least). Scoring determined by the number of points you assigned to winning teams. Bonus- pick the number of points you feel the team you picked to win will score and if within 4 points you get an additional 2 points.

Deadline is Wednesday 6pm EST.

Part II- NHL Saves
There are 9 games on Thursday. You will select 5 goalies that will record the most saves in their respective games. You may only choose one goalie from each game. Scoring will be total of all saves by your selected goalies. Bonus- If your goalie’s team wins the game you get an additional 2 points.

Deadline is Thursday 6pm EST.

Part III- Tweet tweet- it’s BIRDIE time
This part will take place on Friday. The PGA Tour plays the Shell Houston Open the week before The Masters. The LPGA plays its first major of the year the ANA Inspiration. The Champions Tour will play the Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic. You will select 3 golfers from each of the 3 tours. You will score 2 points for each birdie made by your 9 golfers. An eagle made by one of your golfers will score 5 points. Bonus- if one of your golfers shoots the lowest round of the day you get an additional 5 points. This part is only for scores on Friday. If Friday's round is delayed and your golfer only plays a partial round that's too bad.

Deadline is Friday 10am EST.

Part IV- The Final Four
How fitting that part 4 is the Final 4 for the final 4 players of Survivor!
  • National Semi-final games
For the games on Saturday you will choose 4 players. You must choose one player from each team. Choose one player for each (that player only scores point for the category for which they were selected) of the following categories:
Points (1 point = 1 point) Bonus- If your chosen player scores the most points in their game AND their team loses you get 1.5x points per point scored.
Rebounds (1 reb = 2 points) Bonus- If your chosen player has the most rebounds AND their team loses you get 3 points per rebound.
Assists (1 assist = 3 points) Bonus- If your chosen player has the most assists AND their team loses you get 4.5 points per assist.
Blocks (1 block = 4 points) Bonus- If your chosen player has the most blocks AND their team loses you get 6 points per block.
Extra bonus- pick the winner of each game along with points scored. A win scores 5 points and if you correctly guess their score within 4 points you get an additional 10 points for a total of 15.

Deadline for Part IV A is Saturday 5pm EST
  • National Championship Game
You must select one player for each of the following categories. You may only select a player once.
  • Player scoring most points and quantity(1 point = 1 point
  • Player with most rebounds and quantity(1 reb = 2 points)
  • Player with most assists and quantity(1 assist = 3 points)
  • Player with most steals and quantity(1 steal = 4 points)
  • Player with most blocks and quantity(1 block = 4 points)
  • Player with most fouls and quantity(1 foul = 2 points)

Bonus of 5 points if you correctly guess quantity.
Example- I predict Bob to have 3 blocks. If he gets 3 blocks I get 12 points plus a bonus of 5 for 17 points.

You must select a team for each of the following-
  • Which team scores first- 5 pts
  • Which team scores first 3 pointer- 5 pts
  • Which team scores most points in first half- 10 pts
  • Which team scores most points in second half- 10 pts
  • Which team make most 3 pointers- 10 pts
  • Which team will have most rebounds- 10 pts
  • Which team will make most free throws- 10 pts
  • Which team wins- 25 pts & how many points- 20 pts exactly; 10 points within 4 points

Deadline for Part IV B is Monday 8pm EST

TB1. How many combined points will be score in the Championship Game Monday?
TB2. How many personal fouls will be committed by both teams Monday?
TB3. Order received.

GOOD LUCK!
4/1/2017 12:35 AM (edited)
I will be playing the "Booty Idol" which allows me to have a 2nd vote at tonights tribal council. No sense leaving things up to chance.
3/27/2017 8:39 PM
Posted by csudak on 3/27/2017 8:39:00 PM (view original):
I will be playing the "Booty Idol" which allows me to have a 2nd vote at tonights tribal council. No sense leaving things up to chance.
This is indeed a valid idol. The "Booty Idol" gives the holder of it an extra vote at tribal council. Since it is an idol it is played after the votes are cast during idol play 8pm-11pm EST.
Csudak will need to post for whom he wishes to cast his extra vote.
3/27/2017 8:50 PM
I was informed that I need to make my 2nd vote public. I vote for grayfoxx for elimination.
3/27/2017 8:50 PM
csudak, you can't have all the fun! I might as well play the "Four Horseman Idol" which will save me from the vote, just in case!
3/27/2017 9:59 PM
The "Four Horseman Idol" is also a valid idol.
Any votes played for go4itjim will not count.
3/27/2017 11:37 PM
Here are the results for tonight's tribal council-

First off I may have a slight problem. I may have accidentally deleted some sitemail messages that could have included a vote from grayfoxx. I sent him another sitemail this afternoon regarding the matter and as of yet I haven't heard back from him.

I will read the votes for tonight-

The first vote is go4itjim. (does not count)

The second vote also goes to go4itjim. (does not count)

The third vote goes to grayfoxx (that one counts)

The fourth vote is also for grayfoxx (also counts)

The "Booty Idol" let csudak play an extra vote which went to grayfoxx.

Regardless of whether or not grayfoxx sent in a vote he is going home. There are a total of 3 votes for grayfoxx and the 2 (maybe 3) votes cast for go4itjim do not count as his "Four Horseman" idol nullified those votes.

grayfoxx is eliminated in 5th place and will be a member of the jury.

3/27/2017 11:49 PM
Timetable for the remainder of Survivor-

We are down to 4 contestants and I have already posted the final individual immunity challenge. The winner of that challenge will take one of 3 seats in the Final Tribal Council where our jury will decide a winner.
Final Immunity Challenge- Wednesday through Monday
Tribal Council for last 4 players- Wednesday, April 5th
Final Tribal Council for Last 3 players- Thursday through Sunday
a. Jury Questions- Thursday & Friday
b. Final statements from last 3 players- Friday night through Saturday night
c. Jury votes for winner- Sunday and maybe Monday
d. Winner of Survivor XIV and winner of $1 million Sole Survivor announced- Monday night April 10th.
3/27/2017 11:59 PM
Glad they got to play idols, they kept claiming they wanted a fair final 4, well hopefully getting rid of some of these idols will as csudak said, "let the challenges do the talking"
3/28/2017 7:58 AM
So I'm a little confused:
We had a deal to get to the final 4, which we easily would have if you guys voted the way you said you would.
We played idols that expired on this vote anyways, so might as well play them.
I've been saying let the challenges do the talking, but you put up a **** poor score in the last one, so maybe you should have went home instead.

But yet you are the one whose ****** about how it went down?
3/28/2017 9:14 AM
That's kind of the game, no?

You need to be on the "right" side at the right time. I knew I was getting voted out because the "tone" and timing of the "who do we vote?" changed. So, FWIW, the guys who essentially let me know I was gone won't get my vote. They played poorly when it was my time.
3/28/2017 12:55 PM
I agree with you Mike. Strategy, blindsiding, etc is part of the game and as someone who has played in as many of these as possible I get that people are going to get butthurt when they are on the wrong side. My issue is that if you are plotting a blindside and it doesn't work, don't post messages complaining about playing fair. You tried to make a move, it didn't work, you move on and try something else.
3/28/2017 9:54 PM
So it says that Victor was the last to post on this thread, but I can't find his post. Did he delete it or is my computer messed up or something?
3/29/2017 1:39 PM
He deleted it.
3/29/2017 3:49 PM
Part I- NBA Confidence
There are 10 games on Wednesday. You will pick the winners and rank them in order of confidence from 10 (most) to 1 (least). Scoring determined by the number of points you assigned to winning teams. Bonus- pick the number of points you feel the team you picked to win will score and if within 4 points you get an additional 2 points.

Deadline is Wednesday 6pm EST.

VictorV17
10- Thunder (107)
9- Jazz (104)
8-Pelicans (101)
7- Celtics (104)
6-Spurs (115)
5-Clippers (99)
4-Raptors (103)
3-Pacers(100)
2- Hawks (96)
1- Heat (97)

37 pts

waregl72
Okie City 10 (104)
Toronto 9 (95)
Utah 8 (98)
Atlanta 7 (106)
Dallas 6 (104)
Boston 5 (108)
Indiana 4 (97)
Miami 3 (89)
Washington 2 (94)
San Antonio 1 (107)

28 pts

go4itjim
10 Grizzlies (110)
9 Jazz (106)
8 Thunder (113)
7 Hawks (107)
6 Clippers (114)
5 Celtics (104)
4 Heat (108)
3 Pelicans (101)
2 Raptors (102)
1 Spurs (99)

53 pts

csudak
10) Utah by 6
9) Toronto by 7
8) Boston by 7
7) OKC by 5
6) Memphis by 4
5) Miami by 6
4) Atlanta by 4
3) NO by 4
2) SA by 6
1) Washing by 3

35 pts

csudak did margin of victory rather than points scored and will not have a chance at bonus points

go4itjim wins Part I with 53 points

Sorry it was so late getting this up. I've been working too much but tomorrow will be a short day. Thank goodness!!!
3/30/2017 1:25 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...35|36|37|38|39...42 Next ▸
Survivor XIV: winner announced Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.