https://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=8197091

I am sitting at 24-21, this player doesn't seem quite ready for the ML, but I have a 74 Pitching coach in AAA and a 96 PC in the ML. I feel like I should promote him to help his development since he is only 21, but I am afraid of the cost of the losses as he grows. Right now, he looks to be maybe a borderline SP5 with the projected ratings that will make him a solid #2 starter. Thoughts?
12/28/2016 4:15 PM
He's a terrible BL pitcher. You'd be burning service time while he develops, and costing you games, so I can't imagine any scenario where a promotion benefits you.
12/28/2016 4:24 PM
I don't suspect anyone here can definitively point to a pitcher of theirs and say "This guy was just alright at AAA but then my 91 rated ML coach turned him into a stud."

Also, I'm sure you know this, but young pitchers need innings to develop. That means a prospect in the majors kinda has to be locked into a rotation spot no matter what results he gets. You can't bring him up and fiddle with his playing time.

12/28/2016 4:49 PM
Agree with both of the above comments. Keep him in AAA.
12/28/2016 5:12 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.