Five Key Enhancements Needed for Sim Baseball Topic

Here are 5 ideas that I believe would greatly enhance the game, in order of wish list:

1. When waiving and signing a player(s), allow the user to drop and sign up to 3 players simultaneously - sort of like the trade screen. Sometimes I'd like to make a series of waiver moves which would satisfy the IP and PA limits when complete, but not during all interim moves.

2. Remember a player's hierarchy even when they're shuffled to the minors. It is extremely cumbersome to have to redeploy my hierarchy strategy just because I had to stick a guy in the minors for a few games.

3. Searching for players to trade for is very cumbersome. Please create a filter tool, perhaps you can leverage the draft tool. To illustrated the need, say I want to trade for a good fielding 3B, I should be able to sort for all 3B in my league with at least a say C fielding and C range. The team name and a button to propose a trade should be there as well.. Lack of this tool is the reason there is little trade activity.

4. In the preview for upcoming opposing pitchers, it only shows for the current series, which is especially unhelpful when in the 1st of a home/away series. Please show the next scheduled 4 games, regardless of my current series. Managing lefty/right and fatigue, it's key to know what's coming up.

5. Game times play at about 1:25am, 1:25pm, and 6:05pm EST. The time to set lineups between PM1 and PM2 is less than 5 hours. Please move PM2 forward 1 hour, which would make it equidistant from PM1 and the next day AM game.

Thanks,

Dan
12/28/2016 8:56 PM
2. Remember a player's hierarchy even when they're shuffled to the minors. It is extremely cumbersome to have to redeploy my hierarchy strategy just because I had to stick a guy in the minors for a few games.

This requirement is perhaps the most annoying. That would be a great fix.
8/22/2017 2:34 PM
Posted by Shaftmonster on 8/22/2017 2:34:00 PM (view original):

This requirement is perhaps the most annoying. That would be a great fix.
A better fix is just increase the size of the hierarchy to account for AAA players. Then you just do it once at the beginning of the year, and let it roll through all your roster moves.
8/22/2017 2:39 PM
I still want a "clear all" in the heirarchy. That's the most annoying when you actually draft guys to pinch hit, and it's just your starters taking 1-8 against every type of situation
8/24/2017 10:55 AM
Posted by d_rock97 on 8/24/2017 10:55:00 AM (view original):
I still want a "clear all" in the heirarchy. That's the most annoying when you actually draft guys to pinch hit, and it's just your starters taking 1-8 against every type of situation
Eh, it's not like the SIM doesn't keep going until it finds someone. Who cares if he's 9th or 1st on the list as long as he's the top actually available option?
8/24/2017 7:00 PM
Posted by uncleal on 8/24/2017 7:00:00 PM (view original):
Eh, it's not like the SIM doesn't keep going until it finds someone. Who cares if he's 9th or 1st on the list as long as he's the top actually available option?
Well sometimes, if I have the money in a theme league, and the AB's, I'll have like 4-5 guys who could pinch hit. Done it like 3 times in ssupfoo' leagues, a couple RHB, and a couple LHB. Need those extra slots after it automatically fills in my starters
8/24/2017 9:35 PM
Posted by d_rock97 on 8/24/2017 9:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by uncleal on 8/24/2017 7:00:00 PM (view original):
Well sometimes, if I have the money in a theme league, and the AB's, I'll have like 4-5 guys who could pinch hit. Done it like 3 times in ssupfoo' leagues, a couple RHB, and a couple LHB. Need those extra slots after it automatically fills in my starters
Fair enough. I almost never have more than 1 or 2 quality PH on a team. (BTW, afaik even if there's no one available on your hierarchy, the SIM will still PH, it'll just choose what it thinks is the best available hitter... because of all these reasons it's a rare team that I even bother to touch the PH hierarchy on...)
8/25/2017 7:49 PM
Five Key Enhancements Needed for Sim Baseball Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.