Please Give New Coaches SOME Power! Topic

Dear WIS, please let me rant. A Coach that is taking over a program cannot look at the quality of a Sim recruit, you will not allow it. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, start letting incoming Coaches revoke ONE Sim recruited guy from part one recruiting. My case in point says everything else I can say!
https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/RecruitProfile/Ratings.aspx?rid=3903844
12/29/2016 9:31 AM
I had a ticket where I tried to open up discussion on new coach thoughts, considering it's super restrictive for them currently (both job change, which I believe you're talking about and new overall to the world). Their take is this is working as intended... I still see opportunity for them to make that experience better.
12/29/2016 10:22 AM
A new coach gets a sim team... unless it takes over a program, still last class will be sim players. A coach coming back gets into 2nd session action... They made it tough for them.
12/29/2016 10:30 AM
I think it's in the interest of realism. New coach comes into what is generally a bad situation(otherwise, why a new coach?). He has to deal with recruits that loved the other guy. He slogs thru a season, runs off most of them and then gets to work in his second season.
12/29/2016 10:37 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/29/2016 10:37:00 AM (view original):
I think it's in the interest of realism. New coach comes into what is generally a bad situation(otherwise, why a new coach?). He has to deal with recruits that loved the other guy. He slogs thru a season, runs off most of them and then gets to work in his second season.
Realism, for only the sake of realism, isn't always what's best for a game.
12/29/2016 10:44 AM
Yeah, I've said that many times. It seems people up in here only want "realism" when it benefits them.
12/29/2016 10:47 AM
The biggest issue I have with the recruiting in regards to changing jobs, is that you have to play with those guys for a full year and miss out on 50% of recruiting with their "spots". There has to be a better solution for that. Maybe allowing a coach to cut SIM recruited players in the day of season roll and assign a walkon after would work?
12/29/2016 10:50 AM
fixing the hiring process at DI would help with this issue at that level

now, when a coach leaves a power school, often no one qualifies to take over - until the team is awful for a few seasons. Thats not helpful - you get an awful SIM roster

I dont mean go overboard with this, but lowering the bar even a little would help
12/29/2016 10:52 AM
Posted by metsmax on 12/29/2016 10:52:00 AM (view original):
fixing the hiring process at DI would help with this issue at that level

now, when a coach leaves a power school, often no one qualifies to take over - until the team is awful for a few seasons. Thats not helpful - you get an awful SIM roster

I dont mean go overboard with this, but lowering the bar even a little would help
I was thinking of this the other day and discussing with a buddy I've gotten to know through WIS... I think they really could benefit from doing something similar to the "Big Board" they did with Early Entries.

Such a rough idea, but if they had a Hot Seat board, where they showed the coaches closer ot getting fired (I know this is a touchy subject, but this is one point where a tad more realism probably makes some sense) and something of a "Hot Prospects" Board where coaches are ranked, heck even have some fun with it and put some created simmy text "Rumors, Metsmax talking with Florida"
12/29/2016 10:58 AM
Posted by zorzii on 12/29/2016 10:30:00 AM (view original):
A new coach gets a sim team... unless it takes over a program, still last class will be sim players. A coach coming back gets into 2nd session action... They made it tough for them.
Unemployed in that World, and returning. I saw the three recruits, took the team anyway. It is not even for the sake of realism, but for the enjoyment of the product. However you choose to look at it, it is a point that must be looked at. They may have guys wanting to take on teams and spend money. But they forbid them from looking at the Sim recruits, so they say I will wait until they end up not joining HD. Or in my case I knew I wanted a D3 team , and there were many to choose from. It would just make my experience of more pleasure to get rid of him now.
12/29/2016 11:02 AM
Posted by wvufan76 on 12/29/2016 11:02:00 AM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 12/29/2016 10:30:00 AM (view original):
Unemployed in that World, and returning. I saw the three recruits, took the team anyway. It is not even for the sake of realism, but for the enjoyment of the product. However you choose to look at it, it is a point that must be looked at. They may have guys wanting to take on teams and spend money. But they forbid them from looking at the Sim recruits, so they say I will wait until they end up not joining HD. Or in my case I knew I wanted a D3 team , and there were many to choose from. It would just make my experience of more pleasure to get rid of him now.
It could be as simple as allowing you to "revoke scholarship" from any recruits you didn't offer the scholarship too, regardless of if they have accepted it or not. Then treat it like a transfer, guy sends out to other schools who had recruited him "hey my new coach told me to hit the road"...
12/29/2016 11:07 AM
Suck it up Nancy. There's nothing wrong with that. Come with taking over a sim team.
12/29/2016 12:24 PM
They don't want a coaching carousel on steroids, for obvious reasons.

So far I have managed to change jobs just fine. I don't believe it is as difficult as the whiners make it out to be.
12/29/2016 12:37 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 12/29/2016 12:37:00 PM (view original):
They don't want a coaching carousel on steroids, for obvious reasons.

So far I have managed to change jobs just fine. I don't believe it is as difficult as the whiners make it out to be.
Of course you've managed to change jobs just fine, Spud. You only have nine seasons in the game! Your "job changes" history is progressing from D3 to D2, which is an automatic hire, and then from D2 to a low-tier D1 job at Jackson State, which is also pretty much an auto-hire if the baseline number of D2 seasons is hit, which you did. You have zero experience with the "job change" issues that people on the forum talk about.
12/29/2016 12:44 PM
Not being an *** but isn't the situations he stepped into the exact same as the ones being discussed?

I know it's "cool" to dismiss spud but a job change is a job change, right?
12/29/2016 1:02 PM
123 Next ▸
Please Give New Coaches SOME Power! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.