NWPEE - 1895/1960 - FILLED Topic

The No Whining Progressive - Early Edition is a unique 16 team progressive league that is very likely the only of its kind on WhatIfSports. The main differentiating points are a contract system and a completely random draft order from season to season. The uniqueness of this league makes it a different challenge, as well as a lot of fun if you like researching and learning about new eras.

- Contract System...Each team is given 75 contract points (1 point = 1 season) to allot to it's 25 man roster. Once a player is drafted, he is given a contract of X number of points...and then he can only be kept for that many seasons going forward. Once his contract runs out, he goes back into the draft. His contract cannot be changed while he is on your roster, but he can be cut between seasons, to free up cap point space. (There is one exception to this, to be explained later)

- Draft Order...Each season, at the all-star break, the draft order is set for the next season. The order is completely random, and the draft is serpentine (1-16, 16-1), so if you happen to end up with the 16th pick in the first round in a given year, you do get back to back picks to help fortify your roster.

- The rest of the rules are more normal progressive rules....No WW, No DH (which is scheduled to change in the AL come the 1908/1973 season), Draft picks may be traded up to 2 seasons in advance, Trade deadline is Game 120. If a player is traded, his contract goes with him, with one caveat (explained below)

***When a player is traded in the NWPEE, the acquiring team has the option to extend the players contract. So in practice, it works like this...You trade for Player Z, who's in the final year of his contract, and you extend his contract by 3 seasons. Therefore, you get to keep him for the duration of the season in which you made the trade, plus the next 3 seasons. HOWEVER, if you extend the player, his contract becomes guaranteed, and you can then not cut OR trade that player. He is yours for the duration of the contract***

The available teams are all in the AL East, and are as follows...
(Players in bold have previously had contract extended and may not be traded)
(Number next to player is contract points remaining)

Baltimore - CLAIMED

Boston (New Owner Needed) - Fenway Park - SECOND pick in 1895/1960 1st Round - No Traded Picks

**EDIT: Our 1895/1960 Draft has been completed, and Boston's first pick was P Dick Ellsworth (made by an owner who's temporarily running the franchise)...full roster now available upon request.

Keepers (13)
Picks Needed (12)
Contract Points (50)
Points Available (25)

Hitters

Felipe Alou (7)
Nellie Fox (1)
Woodie Held (1)
Harmon Killebrew (12)
Tommy Tucker (3)
Roy Sievers (2)
Sherm Lollar (1)
Willie Kirkland (1)
Lenny Green (2)
Leon Wagner (4)

Pitchers

Mike McCormick (8)
Camilo Pascual (7)
Jack Stivetts (1)

New York - CLAIMED
2/24/2017 1:04 AM (edited)
Please sitemail me or post here if you would like to claim one of the available teams.
12/30/2016 4:06 AM
Very unique, fun, chall nging league - drafts are always
exciting!
12/30/2016 4:23 AM
I'll take Baltimore.
1/1/2017 9:09 PM
Posted by eschwartz67 on 1/1/2017 9:09:00 PM (view original):
I'll take Baltimore.
Excellent! Welcome to the league.
1/1/2017 10:32 PM
The two teams listed look thin relative to most progressives, but the contract system means there is more talent in every draft than normal so you can rebuild a team fast!
A whole career of Cy Young? That's something!

a strong offense, a #2 pick to use to pick a hall of famer or trade for pitching, and half a rotation? Good stuff!
1/3/2017 8:26 AM
Fun league, lots of long term strategy. Good owners. What's not to like?
1/21/2017 12:29 AM
New York has been claimed.
2/3/2017 10:55 PM
I ll take the red soxs please
3/12/2017 1:27 AM
Put me on your waitlist Just in case any team owner wants out..
3/15/2017 12:39 PM
Posted by sohio4ever on 3/15/2017 12:39:00 PM (view original):
Put me on your waitlist Just in case any team owner wants out..
Will do....thanks.
3/15/2017 11:19 PM
NWPEE - 1895/1960 - FILLED Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.