having trouble recruiting DIV III. Should I target the players that have a higher role rating?
12/30/2016 6:01 PM
Yes, total rating is useless.
12/30/2016 6:57 PM
In my opinion RB is the only position that total rating means something. There is some value to a RB that is effective in both the power run game and the speed run as opposed to a RB that is exceptional at one but only average at the other.
12/30/2016 7:18 PM
In my opinion there are two positions that the total rating can be an indicator of a good player:

TE
LB

thats it.

But really, use player roles.
12/31/2016 4:38 AM
I disagree. In my opinion, OL, DL, K, AND P are the only positions where total rating does NOT make a difference.
12/31/2016 12:49 PM
who determines the role rating?
1/1/2017 8:16 PM
Posted by smorri22 on 1/1/2017 8:16:00 PM (view original):
who determines the role rating?
WIS has programmed a default role rating in which can be edited at levels D2 and above.
1/1/2017 9:05 PM
I am not happy with their default ratings. Learn the important attributes for each position(it's in a GD help file somehwhere). Once you know them or have a chart, you can adjust the role ratings to how you see fit. Note this will change through your coaching career as you get more experience and thus more incite into what works and what doesn't.
1/2/2017 11:42 AM
Posted by mojolad on 1/2/2017 11:42:00 AM (view original):
I am not happy with their default ratings. Learn the important attributes for each position(it's in a GD help file somehwhere). Once you know them or have a chart, you can adjust the role ratings to how you see fit. Note this will change through your coaching career as you get more experience and thus more incite into what works and what doesn't.
Couldn't agree more. Default ratings are a good start but you could refine them more.
1/2/2017 8:34 PM
Posted by mojolad on 1/2/2017 11:42:00 AM (view original):
Could you (or anyone) link me to that important attributes file?
1/4/2017 1:53 PM
Chart is below. Link is https://www.whatifsports.com/gd/Help/Faq.aspx (it is located towards the bottom of the page).
What do the ratings mean?

Players are rated in 12 different categories, each are based from 1 - 100 with 1 being the worst and 100 being the best. The table below gives a hint of what to look for in your players, but it is not a complete cheat sheet.

Position Most Important Secondary
QB TECH, GI, STR ELU, SPD, ATH
RB ELU, SPD, STR ATH, GI, HND
FB BLK, STR ATH, ELU
WR HND, ELU, SPD, GI ATH, TECH
TE BLK, GI, STR HND, ATH, TECH
OL GI, BLK, STR TECH, ATH
DL TKL, STR, GI TECH, ATH, SPD
LB TKL, GI, STR TECH, ATH, SPD
DB ATH, TKL, SPD STR, ELU, GI, TECH
K TECH, STR GI
P TECH, STR GI

https://www.whatifsports.com/gd/Help/Faq.aspx
1/4/2017 3:39 PM
Posted by bjschumacher on 12/31/2016 12:49:00 PM (view original):
I disagree. In my opinion, OL, DL, K, AND P are the only positions where total rating does NOT make a difference.
Because all those DUR and TKL points make SO much difference to a QB, RB, and WR. :)

Total Rating is worthless.
1/4/2017 3:53 PM
Also check out the Guess ratings system that Bob came up with if you have time. My two cents is Guess is the Gold Standard. Yatzr also has a nice recruiting tool. If you don't have much time, go with role ratings every time over total ratings.
1/4/2017 5:27 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.