Momentum exists whether they admit it or not. Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
The game is based on numbers. Sometimes, you get strange results. Momentum does not exist in statistical simulations
12/31/2016 2:56 AM
I think it exists if you're very, very determined to see it!
12/31/2016 3:03 AM
Idk, players go on hot and cold streaks it seems, but when my team wins a lot, it's just because the others recognize my power and bow down to their ruler
12/31/2016 1:54 PM
If you flip a coin and heads comes up three times in a row, does heads have momentum? Is heads now more likely to come up again on the fourth flip?
12/31/2016 2:35 PM
Posted by bayridgeguy on 12/31/2016 2:20:00 PM (view original):
Ok, put in some tired pitchers, get bombed a few games, and see once you put in your normal lineup if your team goes back to its normal ways.. Guaranteed not happening, you will sputter for a few games, or longer...
Maybe your team is worse than you think it is.
12/31/2016 2:59 PM
Momentum? No. Streaky? Yes.
12/31/2016 3:10 PM
bayridgeguy, I took a look at your full-season team. They're good, probably playoff good, but nowhere near .750 good. Sorry to burst your bubble there. What you're seeing is just a correction.
1/1/2017 4:29 AM
Momentum is a physics term. Non of that comes into play here. Hot or cold streaks are generated by the relative strength or weakness of our teams and of our competition and, to some extent, the whim of the sim.
1/1/2017 10:46 AM
"Uncleal, you win a title every 50 seasons, so i dont hear anything you are saying."

This comment is inappropriate and completely ignorant. There are so many variables that go into how often someone wins a "title" here on WIS that bashing ANY opinion of another user of this site based on "titles" won, just proves that the "basher at hand" has an inability to reason well and knows not what they are speaking of. Besides that, it's a rude and unprovoked attack on another person serving to do nothing but provoke and sow hatred.

It's childish. And on the 1st day of the New Year!
Good work Bay Bridge troll. Take a good long walk on that Bay Bridge. The longer the better.
1/1/2017 11:39 AM
Ozamatali, im refering to the hot streaks themselves, in my current league, ive won 24-32, exactly .750 percentage. In the team before that, 113-49, but i was playing near .800 ball for an extended span, after a huge slump. Again, i didnt say i had a.750 pct, i just said that during hot streaks i win at a .750 clip. If youre gonna post in disagreement, please read what i am saying
1/1/2017 12:35 PM
I don't believe it exist here, but it is an interesting subject in professional sports. The average length of any W/L streak (coin toss ect.) is 2. In professional sports it's between 2.1 and 2.2 giving statistical evidence of 'Big Mo'! Educated sports gamblers know to always bet streaks to continue. Things such as crowd noise, will to win and the human condition play a part in this. on a side note, if anyone is hearing crowd noise here, they should probably address that issue first.
1/1/2017 1:19 PM
123456 Next ▸
Momentum exists whether they admit it or not. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.