Momentum exists whether they admit it or not. Topic

All I'll say is this. It's a computer, there's no human element, therefore there's no momentum. I still encourage you to play this SIM cuz it's really fun and some of the weirdest things happen. Gotta check it ur Believe It or Don't! In the forums
1/4/2017 10:34 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
In 14 games you only play a handful of different teams, in a handful of different stadiums. Also the theme might have an impact.
1/5/2017 4:43 AM
Posted by bayridgeguy on 1/4/2017 9:45:00 PM (view original):
What's false, I'm just giving an example of how one could program momentum. Someone said momentum must be a human element, and I simply explained how that isn't necessarily true. Looks like in the Twitter age, only half the people here have the attention span to read an entire post.
Ok, you proved that one could program momentum. But that doesn't mean it's in this engine. There's hundreds of thousands of games simulated daily. **** happens. That's all. **** happens. One team like mine will be in first place in their division, then lose 18 of their next 21. One of my teams was in third in their division and won 46 of their next 50. Might seem like momentum, but I've played 16,000+ games and that's just a fluke. Combination of being at the right place facing the right opponents, having some lucky bounces go my way at the right time.
1/5/2017 1:20 PM
Me thinks he got ahold of some of them hof cheat codes that were all the rage a few years ago
1/5/2017 5:55 PM
Posted by bottomlee on 1/5/2017 5:55:00 PM (view original):
Me thinks he got ahold of some of them hof cheat codes that were all the rage a few years ago
Shhhhhhhhh!
1/5/2017 6:18 PM
Reappearing to link this: https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=457843

I don't see a mention of momentum, but you be the judge.
1/5/2017 8:33 PM
Posted by bayridgeguy on 1/5/2017 8:24:00 PM (view original):
d_rock, you have agreed that momentum is possible to program, so why are you so sure the programmers didn't put it in? I'm willing to accept a stalemate of: "there might be momentum, we'll never know". How about that.
i know there's no momentum cuz the admins told us specifically how the engine works.
1/6/2017 12:47 AM
I hate to join the party late. But momentum in this scenario is silly. It's just old fashion random chance. Yes in the 10s of thousands of games played you'll have 14 game winning streaks. I even made 22 once. And guess what? It was the best team in the league. That is the big variable. Losing streaks are usually related to fatigue. 14 game winning streaks are usually related to facing fatigued teams. Your attitude about the people who disagree seems childish. Signed: anonymous. (hope this doesn't hurt my momentum)
1/7/2017 8:56 PM (edited)
yeah, and we shouldn't listen to ozo. He only wins once every 9 times. What a loser, 11%. hahahha (he's good)
1/7/2017 8:53 PM
This has gone on too long. We don't need to turn away potential members of the WIS community. We just need to move on.
1/8/2017 2:29 AM
Posted by bayridgeguy on 1/4/2017 12:25:00 AM (view original):
Perplexed newbie... Uncleal, I've mastered more facets of the game in 3 months than you have in 13 years
This is easily and without a doubt the stupidest post I have read in these forums since that one idiot said something ridiculous about "momentum."
1/9/2017 4:19 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Momentum exists whether they admit it or not. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.