Momentum exists whether they admit it or not. Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Talk about momentum: You're dropping like a turd in a well. I suggest you create a new username to play under, and then stay off the forums.

Especially refrain from posts like this, which are both 1) ignorant and 2) disrespectful to a everybody's favorite uncle: "Uncleal, you win a title every 50 seasons, so i dont hear anything you are saying."
1/9/2017 9:48 PM (edited)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Oh, sorry, I didn't know you were such a tough guy. That you have no idea what you're talking about, that's something I picked up on right away.
1/9/2017 11:26 PM
Posted by bayridgeguy on 1/9/2017 8:45:00 PM (view original):
So D Rock talks about not turning away potential members of the WIS community, yet goes on the following 6th grade rant on the suggestions section, quote: "whats the most annoying thing about SLB? How about setting the pinch hitting and defensive replacements players in order. There's a show recommendation and save recommendation button. So why not clear all button? That or just improve the logic of the order it's automatically set at. Whoever did that is f*****g stupid cuz why is my starting lineup the top 9 options for pinch hitters? It's f****g dumb."

So great, he's insulting the guys who make the game, good job. He typed in the curse words as well. And teaparty jumps in with more insults. I can see for the most part I'm not dealing with a bright bunch here. Cheers to joerat, crimsonblue, jtpsops, mattedesa, beheid408, and maybe 1 or 2 others, who were able to present their thoughts in a respectful manner, as opposed to the other drooling invalids who put themselves up by being disparaging to those they disagree with.
12th grade rant* but yeah. Ya gotta admit, it's annoying right? Idk, I don't like being mean to newbz. But experienced guys like tecwrg and MikeT are fun to roast. And the admin for implementing a stupid hierarchy of players in Pinch hitting settings.
1/10/2017 2:59 AM
Posted by bayridgeguy on 1/9/2017 8:45:00 PM (view original):
So D Rock talks about not turning away potential members of the WIS community, yet goes on the following 6th grade rant on the suggestions section, quote: "whats the most annoying thing about SLB? How about setting the pinch hitting and defensive replacements players in order. There's a show recommendation and save recommendation button. So why not clear all button? That or just improve the logic of the order it's automatically set at. Whoever did that is f*****g stupid cuz why is my starting lineup the top 9 options for pinch hitters? It's f****g dumb."

So great, he's insulting the guys who make the game, good job. He typed in the curse words as well. And teaparty jumps in with more insults. I can see for the most part I'm not dealing with a bright bunch here. Cheers to joerat, crimsonblue, jtpsops, mattedesa, beheid408, and maybe 1 or 2 others, who were able to present their thoughts in a respectful manner, as opposed to the other drooling invalids who put themselves up by being disparaging to those they disagree with.
Also, what you gotta understand is, everybody here, while it may not seem like it at times, is really smart. The average baseball fans don't go here. The diehard ones do. The ones that love looking at stats, the ones that love baseball history, are the ones here.
1/10/2017 3:01 AM
Posted by teaparty on 1/9/2017 4:19:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bayridgeguy on 1/4/2017 12:25:00 AM (view original):
Perplexed newbie... Uncleal, I've mastered more facets of the game in 3 months than you have in 13 years
This is easily and without a doubt the stupidest post I have read in these forums since that one idiot said something ridiculous about "momentum."
To be fair, Uncleal is also the one who espoused the value of the left-handed 2nd baseman...
1/10/2017 12:23 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 1/10/2017 12:23:00 PM (view original):
Perplexed newbie... Uncleal, I've mastered more facets of the game in 3 months than you have in 13 years
This is easily and without a doubt the stupidest post I have read in these forums since that one idiot said something ridiculous about "momentum."
To be fair, Uncleal is also the one who espoused the value of the left-handed 2nd baseman...
juggalosteve, where art thou?
1/10/2017 2:00 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 1/10/2017 12:23:00 PM (view original):
Best thread of all time!
1/10/2017 2:10 PM
Getting closer I reckon. I can possibly understand some sort of logic for a left-handed 2nd baseman being usable or even plausible in a Computer Generated SIM type game thingee, I reckon............. BUT,

I'm not buying the concept on a REAL diamond using real bats and balls. You might have a tad more range "up the middle" with the glove being on that side BUT, you'd have to spin all the way around to get your LEFT arm in position to make the throw back to 1st. Way too slow in any practical sense.

Still, I'm not buying the assertion that Uncle Al attacked first, igniting the fuse, and leading to setting the BayBridge fruitfella off. I've re-read his initial comment to BBG and I just don't find it an insult. I think someone has too thin a skin. Needs another hard winter or two. Maybe his team just wasn't as good as he initially thought it was. Pointing out that possibility doesn't seem to me to be a personal insult, but..............

Led to some fun back and forth, though................ lol
1/10/2017 2:48 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 1/10/2017 2:48:00 PM (view original):
Getting closer I reckon. I can possibly understand some sort of logic for a left-handed 2nd baseman being usable or even plausible in a Computer Generated SIM type game thingee, I reckon............. BUT,

I'm not buying the concept on a REAL diamond using real bats and balls. You might have a tad more range "up the middle" with the glove being on that side BUT, you'd have to spin all the way around to get your LEFT arm in position to make the throw back to 1st. Way too slow in any practical sense.

Still, I'm not buying the assertion that Uncle Al attacked first, igniting the fuse, and leading to setting the BayBridge fruitfella off. I've re-read his initial comment to BBG and I just don't find it an insult. I think someone has too thin a skin. Needs another hard winter or two. Maybe his team just wasn't as good as he initially thought it was. Pointing out that possibility doesn't seem to me to be a personal insult, but..............

As a left handed 2nd baseman in middle school, doing those spin throws were the best part of playing the position. It sucked turning double plays cuz I'm throwing my arm out sidearm the ball to first after SS tosses it to me. Pretty much drag ur foot across the bag as ur receiving it, and in one motion u turn and sidearm it to first.
1/10/2017 3:24 PM
Posted by d_rock97 on 1/10/2017 3:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 1/10/2017 2:48:00 PM (view original):

As a left handed 2nd baseman in middle school, doing those spin throws were the best part of playing the position. It sucked turning double plays cuz I'm throwing my arm out sidearm the ball to first after SS tosses it to me. Pretty much drag ur foot across the bag as ur receiving it, and in one motion u turn and sidearm it to first.
On the plus side, quicker throws to the shortstop when starting the double play!
1/10/2017 10:47 PM
My team started 17-18, and then won 21 out of 22. I'm sorry, this is not possible without momentum. I think this pretty much closes this topic. The idea that I'm going to see unbelievable unlikely wild swings every season I play, and it be attributed solely to probability is closed-minded.

Don't tell me a team governed solely by probability can go 17-18 then 22-1, just don't. DO NOT.
2/16/2017 10:22 PM
Also, if you look at my division, you can see a classic example of linked momentum. Omar and the big three and my team were both sub .500 and then both went on insane tears. I'm not totally sure about the linked momentum, but I think it has reared its head once to often to be ignored.
2/16/2017 10:26 PM
Momentum than lesmentum.
2/17/2017 2:00 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Momentum exists whether they admit it or not. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.