Drafting tips - find a big ticket guy who went to college and build around him. Nobody will have Joss Maddux Pedro Eckersley etc.
Schools are not exclusive.
1/3/2017 5:10 PM
you are correct the catcher could get the force out by stepping on the plate but he didn't. Would the batter get credit for two rbi's, or a sacrifice or just an error on the catcher.
1/3/2017 7:20 PM
No rbi, no sac, the batter k'd. Just a BIG E-2
1/3/2017 7:22 PM
Posted by Inshoots on 1/3/2017 7:22:00 PM (view original):
No rbi, no sac, the batter k'd. Just a BIG E-2
And the runs are unearned!
1/3/2017 7:26 PM

The starters often turn out to be "under performers" and without a Wavier-Wire, you will need a strong bench. Pinch hitting, right/left, speed, d-fence, will use up your CAP.
1/3/2017 7:56 PM
You have to draft multiple guys like Joey Cora and actually do a little managing
1/3/2017 9:37 PM
Posted by 2chair on 1/3/2017 5:10:00 PM (view original):
Drafting tips - find a big ticket guy who went to college and build around him. Nobody will have Joss Maddux Pedro Eckersley etc.
No, but Koufax-Seaver-Sutton-Johnson is a mighty fine rotation you can build, assuming you can afford them all. With Gehrig and Collins manning half the infield, that's a nice start to a roster.

If I decide to do this, I'm going to have to spend some time studying colleges. The UCLA-Fullerton squad I am tinkering with is deep, but light on superstars. Only 3 hitters with $6M+ seasons ...
1/4/2017 12:13 AM
I checked the theme leagues that I'm in and Caps are 100M-140M. I know that money leftover is against all principles. My Mother (God Rest her Soul) would say "If you ate everything on your plate, their wouldn't be leftovers".

Fortunately, we had dog under the dinner table who was a "canine garbage disposer". Moral of story: "you may have cash leftover but you find a way of disposing it".
1/4/2017 8:31 AM
2 Chair- I have feeling that Chattanooga will be 1/2 way.
1/4/2017 11:31 AM
Mark me down for the San Diego State Aztecs and Arizona State Sun Devils.
1/4/2017 1:32 PM
Going old school with the St. Mary's Gaels and then some fine relievers from Chapel Hill.
1/4/2017 2:45 PM
Posted by 2chair on 1/3/2017 5:10:00 PM (view original):
Turns out Joss went to Wisconsin

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/j/jossad01.shtml

Not too many other guys to pick from there, though.
1/4/2017 3:58 PM
I think ill have to change-i picked without resrarch
1/4/2017 8:21 PM
Ill go with Mississippi State Bulldogs & Holy Cross Crusaders
1/5/2017 6:27 PM
It may seem that I'm picking on catchers, I'm not- In Fact, if you had to vote would you pick Yogi Berra, Carlton Fisk or Buster Posey?

And if a player running from second collides with the catcher at Home Plate, the catcher tags the runner before he gets to home but the runner can't stop his slide and proceeds to cross HP. The catcher drops the ball after the tag. Is the runner safe or out?
1/5/2017 8:04 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.