3.0 is Unbelievably Frustrating Topic

Posted by zorzii on 1/3/2017 11:28:00 AM (view original):
Posted by shoe3 on 1/3/2017 11:15:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jcfreder on 1/3/2017 10:03:00 AM (view original):
Posted by shoe3 on 1/2/2017 11:23:00 AM (view original):
Posted by reinsel on 1/2/2017 9:23:00 AM (view original):
Yeah wiz, I think I posted that example above. BC, Duke and some 3rd A+ D1 school all at VH all lost to a D2 school at High. Very crazy frustrating. Plus the EEs are frustrating. Why can't declare at the beginning of period 1? That would solve everything.

It's a challenge for sure, adjusting to the new system. I do like some things, like the elimination of conference $$$, but I think in many other areas the changes have had some seriously unintended consequences, such as D2 teams beating out A level D1 teams. That just should never happen.
Any of those D1s could have put the D2 away, likely with just a HV or two. That's how it goes with internationals. They're expensive for everyone, so often the team willing to invest in some HVs gets him. In this case, it was the D2 willing to gamble and invest (I'm speculating, I don't know the details of effort, but from what I've seen of international battles in 3.0, there's no way a D2 hangs with high level D1s unless there is a huge disparity in effort). And he was still a long shot, he got lucky on the roll. This is the one we note and remember, but probably 9 of 10 times, this kind of battle goes to a VH.
This appears to be incorrect based on oldman's statement in the other thread. He made 14 HV and still lost out to a D2. If true, that is indefensible.
I agree, if that is accurate. Based on what I've experienced, going all-in on a preference-neutral recruit as a D+ D1, and getting knocked all the way to very low by an A+ who decided he wanted the guy, this scenario looks like either a bug (maybe related to the coach change) or a mistaken account. I hope a ticket is sent and the scenario is clarified.
That's my experience in D1 as well. Prestige and prefs really important.
Considering that the D2 could have had no more than 15k to spend, it doesn't add up.
1/3/2017 11:41 AM
I know it's a super small thing, but turn off "I'm interested in a campus visit" emails for internationals, Please?!
1/3/2017 11:42 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by thewizard17 on 1/2/2017 5:32:00 AM (view original):
Really makes me so angry I want to quit.

Can't run a fastbreak/fullcourt press with 12 good players.

The nonsense of high beating very high.

Can only see about 1/3 of the recruits at level 4.

Most of the frustration is coming from all of the time and hard work a person puts into the game, with nothing to show for it.

So angry that I want to walk away, but at the same time it's so addicting.
I think its better than ever. Made me make a comeback to this game.
1/3/2017 8:50 PM
Posted by jaggedendz on 1/3/2017 8:50:00 PM (view original):

Most of the frustration is coming from all of the time and hard work a person puts into the game, with nothing to show for it.

Really??
You have only one team and it is not good.
1/3/2017 10:58 PM
Posted by phalla on 1/3/2017 10:58:00 PM (view original):

Really??
A D+ team with no upperclassmen, no human-recruited players, run by sim for a decade. You sure told that guy.
1/3/2017 11:45 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 1/3/2017 11:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by phalla on 1/3/2017 10:58:00 PM (view original):

Really??
A D+ team with no upperclassmen, no human-recruited players, run by sim for a decade. You sure told that guy.
+1

Welcome back, jaggedendz.
1/4/2017 12:54 AM
OK maybe I was a dick ... or maybe not.

Really don't need some guy that has come back for one team, one season, hasn't even completed recruiting yet, telling me how great 3.0 is.

1/4/2017 4:48 PM
Posted by phalla on 1/4/2017 4:48:00 PM (view original):

Really don't need some guy that has come back for one team, one season, hasn't even completed recruiting yet, telling me how great 3.0 is.

You were.

You were again.
1/4/2017 4:55 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 1/4/2017 4:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by phalla on 1/4/2017 4:48:00 PM (view original):

You were.

You were again.
Kettle meet pot
1/4/2017 4:57 PM
Good post, bevis. Have you noticed that the overwhelming proportion of your posts any more are nothing more than background noise?
1/4/2017 5:08 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 1/4/2017 5:08:00 PM (view original):
Good post, bevis. Have you noticed that the overwhelming proportion of your posts any more are nothing more than background noise?
No.
1/4/2017 5:32 PM
You are.

You will.
1/4/2017 5:48 PM
And spudhole hits 1000 posts without a single post season win!!! Grats on being the most useless mouthpiece here!!

I guess I owe you a beer Benis.

Only 9 seasons and this troll bait is already up to 2/3s of my posts! Must be in some Liberal Arts college with nothing better to do.
1/4/2017 5:59 PM (edited)
**** me sideways. I did it again. I hereby accept "Dumbass of the Day".
1/4/2017 5:58 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...8 Next ▸
3.0 is Unbelievably Frustrating Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.